Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
561 - 580 of 943 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Oscoda. 4 lakers on riggers, dipsey smacking bottom with lakers takers and s&g's 85-110 f.o.w. one smoker steel 30.75" and 12lbs on a 4 color s.s. orange dream weaver. That spoon took 3 other hits but lost them!! Thank you to all the courteous captains out there working the traffic this morning.
Water Cloud Sky Boat Shorts

Sent from my SM-G981V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #565 ·
Slide diver moonshine standard wonderbread back 116. We’re pulling lines and heading in View attachment 840458
Oscoda. 4 lakers on riggers, dipsey smacking bottom with lakers takers and s&g's 85-110 f.o.w. one smoker steel 30.75" and 12lbs on a 4 color s.s. orange dream weaver. That spoon took 3 other hits but lost them!! Thank you to all the courteous captains out there working the traffic this morning. View attachment 840501

Well done guys.
We were more on Bill’s side of the spectrum today down in Tawas. Only took one walleye. Fished from 50 out to 90 and from Alabaster back to off the point. Marked some but not a lot.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Oscoda. 4 lakers on riggers, dipsey smacking bottom with lakers takers and s&g's 85-110 f.o.w. one smoker steel 30.75" and 12lbs on a 4 color s.s. orange dream weaver. That spoon took 3 other hits but lost them!! Thank you to all the courteous captains out there working the traffic this morning. View attachment 840501

What make/model boat is That. Like that setup a lot!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #573 ·
Feels good that Ed and I finally found some fish. Ended up with 14 eyes down in Alabaster in 40-60 fow. 8 color with a copper back agent orange walleye size spoon was the hot set up. Speed was 2,9 but lots of zig zags. Waves were rolling out of the bay early then it calmed down to nothing but a ripple. Now forecast is calling for several days of northeast winds. Probably going to blow the fish back down south. Lol
Water Sky Cloud Boat Watercraft
Food Staple food Seafood Whitebait Ingredient

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
Feels good that Ed and I finally found some fish. Ended up with 14 eyes down in Alabaster in 40-60 fow. 8 color with a copper back agent orange walleye size spoon was the hot set up. Speed was 2,9 but lots of zig zags. Waves were rolling out of the bay early then it calmed down to nothing but a ripple. Now forecast is calling for several days of northeast winds. Probably going to blow the fish back down south. Lol View attachment 840856 View attachment 840857
Nicely done!!👍

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Nice mess of biguns Andy! You know 40 to 60 sounds like it’s right in my wheelhouse, but I haven’t found any shore launched in that area.
I am getting nice sized walleye close to home inland, so I’m fortunate. They’re just not in the bruiser class you’re getting! Mine are fun on medium weight spinning gear, so other than bragging rights I’m doing okay in the canoe.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Nice mess of biguns Andy! You know 40 to 60 sounds like it’s right in my wheelhouse, but I haven’t found any shore launched in that area.
I am getting nice sized walleye close to home inland, so I’m fortunate. They’re just not in the bruiser class you’re getting! Mine are fun on medium weight spinning gear, so other than bragging rights I’m doing okay in the canoe.
You could launch off the end of alabaster rd. We use to launch a 12’ rowboat from there when I was a kid perch fishing. Sure miss those days!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #577 ·
You could launch off the end of alabaster rd. We use to launch a 12’ rowboat from there when I was a kid perch fishing. Sure miss those days!
I think they are making the money led US gypsum site a park of some kind. I bet you could launch a kayak right at the old crib. If they put a launch in there it could be a game changer.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I think they are making the money led US gypsum site a park of some kind. I bet you could launch a kayak right at the old crib. If they put a launch in there it could be a game changer.
I hope they don't. It's nice to have some things that are still wild. I was under the impression that that was the idea of the land purchase- undeveloped shoreline. Everything dosen't have to be easy.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Alright Fellas, Trolling the east side for the first time non-charter this weekend, out of my dads buddies tiara, he said he doesnt really know whats hes doing so need me some depths to get a salmon and trout program going, going to be launching close to port austin

561 - 580 of 943 Posts