Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
481 - 500 of 943 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #481 ·
i sure could have used that tip this morning Andy, nice work. We only had a few hours to fish this morning, started in the second 70 and could see pretty quick the fish weren’t there. Picked up and ran towards the crib, didn’t go far and started marking lots of bait and fish. Couldn’t get them to go so kept trolling towards the crib and picked this king up when we got into 52’. Got it on carbon 14 on rigger 40’ down. Was at a surface temp break from 49 to 53 degrees. Unfortunately we had to pull lines at that point, but was a fun one to tangle with.
View attachment 838246 View attachment 838248
Very nice king!!! John the launch attendant said there were a few other kings brought in this morning.

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
Nice k
i sure could have used that tip this morning Andy, nice work. We only had a few hours to fish this morning, started in the second 70 and could see pretty quick the fish weren’t there. Picked up and ran towards the crib, didn’t go far and started marking lots of bait and fish. Couldn’t get them to go so kept trolling towards the crib and picked this king up when we got into 52’. Got it on carbon 14 on rigger 40’ down. Was at a surface temp break from 49 to 53 degrees. Unfortunately we had to pull lines at that point, but was a fun one to tangle with.
nice king! What are the baitfish??

·
Registered
820 Posts
Nice fish fellas. Wanted to be out there myself this morning, but kids stuff prevented me from heading out. Was there any walleye guys out there this am? I heard one sunk their boat on Friday somewhere out there. I know when they left Friday morning it was pretty calm, but knew it was going to start blowing early. Was planning on taking Friday off to fish, but decided against it. Was a little surprised they decided to send them Friday.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #488 ·
Nice fish fellas. Wanted to be out there myself this morning, but kids stuff prevented me from heading out. Was there any walleye guys out there this am? I heard one sunk their boat on Friday somewhere out there. I know when they left Friday morning it was pretty calm, but knew it was going to start blowing early. Was planning on taking Friday off to fish, but decided against it. Was a little surprised they decided to send them Friday.
I heard the same Tony.

·
Registered
936 Posts
They flew by us headed to charity. Was pretty cool to see, was a decent chop early, I think those boats were out of the water more than they were in.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Guess we were too far north as well. We started in 60 and trolled out to 85+. Didn’t get a hit till we were ready to go and got two walleye. One on a 10 color with raspberry carbon 14 and the other with a 3 color with a three ounce snap weight added and Arctic Ice spoon.
Food Fish Seafood Ingredient Cuisine

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
479 Posts
Well the wind finally calmed down enough for Joey and I to get back out on the lake for Father’s Day. The strong winds blew out the warm water and brought up 49 degree water off the point. We headed out to the 80 that Ed and I caught fish at last week. Started out super slow with 52 degrees at the surface in 80 fow. Got a much appreciated tip from Gatorgetter that there was warmer water to the south. Only had to go about 2/3 of a mile and the water temp jumped to 57. Almost immediately we took a steelhead an eye and a small king. Then started picking away at the eyes. Ended up with 9 eyes, the king and the steelhead. Got fish on 5 color down to 300 weighted steel and on divers out 110 to 150. Screwball under the bright sky was the star of the show. View attachment 838238 View attachment 838239 View attachment 838237
Damn nice Father’s Day good job Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
We got out early this morning ran to 60 dropped lines trolled to 95 and back to 55, only one pullback. Could have used that water temp tip as well. On a different note my friend found that boat south of tawas this morning.wonder what the story was on it View attachment 838273

Sent from my iPad using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Heard his big motor quit and they tried using the kicker to get in but the waves eventually swamped them!! Everyone was ok just wet and cold!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads.

My dad and I got out for Father’s Day and did pretty well after going back in from 80’ to get leader. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Ended up with 2 lakers, a coho, and a steelhead once we got set back up. Didn’t have much action until we got to 90 feet heading northeast out of the mouth of the river. Lost something large and angry along with a full core/carbon 14 when my tx44 got dragged under 🙃 can’t win em all!

Lakers came on 10 color with magnum silver carbon and the steelhead / coho came on green jeans / orange carbon on 2 and 3 colors. Speed was 2.7

The steelhead was full of like 25 junebugs (When I google them melolonthinae comes up, but i've always heard them called june bugs.)
Coho had tough to make out baitfish...

Food Seafood Grey Fish Fish products

Anybody know what’s up with the steelheads left pectoral fin? Head is in my freezer if anyone thinks it's worth submitting.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Fished Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Didn’t catch a lot of fish but caught a heck of a mixed bag and learned a lot about it.
Andy kicked my butt Sunday, fishing right next to him. He’s got the magic touch for sure!
Two Lakers, a big Steel and a Coho (I think) were our highlights!
Water Sky Boat Fisherman Outdoor recreation

Water Sky Smile Vertebrate Shorts

Water Sky Vertebrate Smile Boat

Water Sky Shorts Boat Cloud

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Definitely some diverse forage in Huron. We had fish with a little of just about everything Sunday.
Plant Marine invertebrates Pink Wood Animal product

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went out last night and was only able to manage 1 laker on 300 copper with green jeans in like 50 feet of water.

This morning a laker hit a magnum pro king megatron down 70 on rigger in 80 feet of water and then had a coho hit a clown shadow rap :LOL: down 35 and 50 feet behind the ball in about 45 feet of water. Only had about an hour an a half to fish before work though...

All speeds were between 2.2-3.0

481 - 500 of 943 Posts