Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
461 - 480 of 915 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Couldn’t make it out till 9:30 this morning, but picked one up right away. 7 color with black/orange over 68’ east of point. Shortly after air temp dropped and fog rolled in. Wind picked up from the east pushing big rollers, didn’t take long for one of my deckhands to start turning green so we called it quits early.
Water Sky Smile Boat Vertebrate

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

If you have friends that like to fish but get motion sickness I highly recommend bonine, or an off brand that contains it. They make a kids version as well. One of my fishing buddies just can't handle it so he takes some the night before ad morning of and does not get drowsy or sick.

Nice walleyes showing up those are way bigger than what we have seen on the inner bay.

·
Registered
936 Posts

If you have friends that like to fish but get motion sickness I highly recommend bonine, or an off brand that contains it. They make a kids version as well. One of my fishing buddies just can't handle it so he takes some the night before ad morning of and does not get drowsy or sick.

Nice walleyes showing up those are way bigger than what we have seen on the inner bay.
This is the first time we have ever had an issue. It definitely wasn’t the best conditions out there at the time.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #467 ·
Didn’t get many today but Ed and I did get a few really hog eyes today. Trolled from 40 all the way out to 80 before we really got onto them. Got a laker too before I had to book in to get to an appointment. 80 fow down 40-60 all on long core and 300 steel. Dark moonshine spoons. Lost one right before we had to pull lines. Really nice morning. Flat calm and almost no bugs. Laker had sticklebacks walleye had goo in the bellies.
Sky Cloud Water Smile Boat

Water Sky Blue Fisherman Outdoor recreation

Water Smile Vertebrate Sunglasses Outdoor recreation

Food Ingredient Wood Seafood Recipe

·
Registered
469 Posts
Didn’t get many today but Ed and I did get a few really hog eyes today. Trolled from 40 all the way out to 80 before we really got onto them. Got a laker too before I had to book in to get to an appointment. 80 fow down 40-60 all on long core and 300 steel. Dark moonshine spoons. Lost one right before we had to pull lines. Really nice morning. Flat calm and almost no bugs. Laker had sticklebacks walleye had goo in the bellies.
View attachment 837345
View attachment 837346
View attachment 837347
View attachment 837344
Damn nice walleyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
261 Posts
View attachment 837345
View attachment 837346
View attachment 837347
View attachment 837344
What kind of speeds are you going when catching those walleyes?

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #476 ·
Showing fish like that I’m sure all the sparkly boats will be all over it Friday and Saturday for the MWT/MWC
It’s that way every year just a matter of timing. Last year we had a bunch of those cabelas tournament boats. Lots of room out there. You do have to watch out for guys that aren’t used to boats running long cores/coppers. If your not paying attention you’ll have a boat right behind you before you know it. Fortunately most tournament guys are running harnesses at slow speeds so you can maneuver around them.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #479 ·
Well the wind finally calmed down enough for Joey and I to get back out on the lake for Father’s Day. The strong winds blew out the warm water and brought up 49 degree water off the point. We headed out to the 80 that Ed and I caught fish at last week. Started out super slow with 52 degrees at the surface in 80 fow. Got a much appreciated tip from Gatorgetter that there was warmer water to the south. Only had to go about 2/3 of a mile and the water temp jumped to 57. Almost immediately we took a steelhead an eye and a small king. Then started picking away at the eyes. Ended up with 9 eyes, the king and the steelhead. Got fish on 5 color down to 300 weighted steel and on divers out 110 to 150. Screwball under the bright sky was the star of the show.
Water Sky Sleeve Standing Fin
Water Sky Smile Vertebrate Blue
Food Ingredient Seafood Cuisine Fin

·
Registered
936 Posts
i sure could have used that tip this morning Andy, nice work. We only had a few hours to fish this morning, started in the second 70 and could see pretty quick the fish weren’t there. Picked up and ran towards the crib, didn’t go far and started marking lots of bait and fish. Couldn’t get them to go so kept trolling towards the crib and picked this king up when we got into 52’. Got it on carbon 14 on rigger 40’ down. Was at a surface temp break from 49 to 53 degrees. Unfortunately we had to pull lines at that point, but was a fun one to tangle with.
Water Boat Sky Watercraft Vertebrate
Food Wood Seafood Staple food Fish

Attachments

461 - 480 of 915 Posts