Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
401 - 420 of 915 Posts

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #402 ·
Went 3 for 6 tonight between 60-70fow. Landed 10 and 14lb kings and a chunky walleye. The eye was on a flounder pounder 10 color and both kings hit an orange slider with main line down 50 in 65fow. Great night although got soaked coming back in. Lost fish on 2 and 3 color and slider. Kings were unexpected and a lot of fun. View attachment 834563
View attachment 834562
Excellent Jeff. Nice fish.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Went 3 for 6 tonight between 60-70fow. Landed 10 and 14lb kings and a chunky walleye. The eye was on a flounder pounder 10 color and both kings hit an orange slider with main line down 50 in 65fow. Great night although got soaked coming back in. Lost fish on 2 and 3 color and slider. Kings were unexpected and a lot of fun. View attachment 834563
View attachment 834562
Hell yeah dude, looks like a west side report with them Kangz

·
Registered
189 Posts
We went out of Oscoda yesterday morning for a short trip. We went 5 out of 6 with all 5 being lakers. 4 of the fish came on riggers between 5-10 off the bottom. 2 each on a carbon 14 and mixed veggie. Caught the 5th one on a slide diver back 100 on a black/green. The lost fish was an orange crush on a 2 color. We fished 50-80 fow with all fish coming in 60-75. Talked to two other boats at the ramp and they had all lakers as well except for one beautiful 16.5# steelhead. Nice morning on the water.
Sky Cloud Boat Vertebrate Fisherman

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
16 Posts
Went out all day yesterday between morning and evening we had 4 hits lost a king at the boat on a rigger 55 feet down green and silver spoon the other king and the unknown fish also on the same rigger at 55 feet the walleye was on a 10 color green spoon and the tag in his mouth made me 100 dollars so I'm not complaining

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Fished Tawas this morning again between 60-70 fow. Went 1-4 with a 9# laker coming to the net on 7 color running agent orange. We lost a dandy king right at the net that hit an orange / silver slider with main line down 55. That one stung a bit. We had hits on 10 color and the slider again with nothing to show for it. Beautiful morning on the bay.
Water Sky Cloud Smile Fisherman

·
Registered
820 Posts
Water Cloud Sky Smile Vertebrate
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gadget Communication Device Automotive exterior

Vehicle Gadget Automotive exterior Audio equipment Personal luxury car

Vehicle Automotive exterior Audio equipment Gadget Font

Got the big boat out for the first time this morning with my kid and Andy. Had one hit the 3 color with an orange hulk as we were still setting lines in 55 fow. It broke off as soon as Andy got the rod out of the holder. Thinking probably a king. Trolled around for awhile before we boated a walleye on a 5 color with an orange carbon. Had another walleye on the 8 color that popped off 50 yards behind the boat. Both of those were in about 70 fow. That was it for the morning.

Marked lots of fish coming back towards the point starting in 68ish fow to around 60. They'd come check out the downrigger ball, but thats it. Was nice and buggy out as well. Good day to be on the water though.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #410 ·
View attachment 834675 View attachment 834678
View attachment 834677
View attachment 834676
Got the big boat out for the first time this morning with my kid and Andy. Had one hit the 3 color with an orange hulk as we were still setting lines in 55 fow. It broke off as soon as Andy got the rod out of the holder. Thinking probably a king. Trolled around for awhile before we boated a walleye on a 5 color with an orange carbon. Had another walleye on the 8 color that popped off 50 yards behind the boat. Both of those were in about 70 fow. That was it for the morning.

Marked lots of fish coming back towards the point starting in 68ish fow to around 60. They'd come check out the downrigger ball, but thats it. Was nice and buggy out as well. Good day to be on the water though.
Always a great time fishing with you and Luke no matter what the outcome. Your boat ran great, good shakedown trip.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #414 · (Edited)
Anybody get out yesterday? Looked like a perfect day to be out there from work lol. Hoping to get out there soon.
I tried to get out last night but the East wind was ripping again. I couldn’t get out even much past buoy two until about an hour before dark. When I finally could I marked a bunch of bait but never took a hit.
Sky Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
820 Posts
Set lines at about 9 this morning. Had 2 fish in the boat by 10, then it was dead as can be til we pulled lines at 1:30 took a walleye on a 5 color with a orange spoon, soon after took a coho on a slider with a black and orange spoon. Both in 65ish fow. Wind really picked up just after noon, then got super gusty at the very end. Guy at the launch had 3 eyes that sounded like he got early.
Fish supply Wood Fish Fin Seafood

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #417 ·
Got out this morning with my buddy Jeff and it was super slow. We did manage to boat a really nice fish though. Only had two hits and both fish were on at the same time right after we set up. The king came on a slide diver on 4 setting back 60 and out 55 on a black green moonshine spoon. Lost another fish on a five color orange hulk while we were fighting the king. After that it went dead. Marked a good amount of bait and saw a couple fish crashing bait at the surface. Marked a decent number of suspended fish as well but could not get anything else to go. Fished 50 to 70 fow from the point to Alabaster. Caught the fish and marked way more up off the point. Temps were all over the place after yesterdays winds from low 40’s to upper 50’s. Fish was just under 17lbs.
Water Sky Boat Smile Shorts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Got out this morning with my buddy Jeff and it was super slow. We did manage to boat a really nice fish though. Only had two hits and both fish were on at the same time right after we set up. The king came on a slide diver on 4 setting back 60 and out 55 on a black green moonshine spoon. Lost another fish on a five color orange hulk while we were fighting the king. After that it went dead. Marked a good amount of bait and saw a couple fish crashing bait at the surface. Marked a decent number of suspended fish as well but could not get anything else to go. Fished 50 to 70 fow from the point to Alabaster. Caught the fish and marked way more up off the point. Temps were all over the place after yesterdays winds from low 40’s to upper 50’s. Fish was just under 17lbs.
View attachment 835660
Nice King!

401 - 420 of 915 Posts