Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
281 - 300 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ended up with 1 smallmouth off the big pier seen 2 eyes caught both nice fish.Went to the river mouth had 1 hit and see a guy catch a real nice Walleye so they are around.It was around 10 pm when the fish were caught we left because the bugs were horrible and my wife wasnt impressed..lol but honestly they were bad but only on the pier.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
258 Posts
Anyone know if anything's being caught off the pier or in front of the River.I was going to come over with my teenage boys and cast Rapalas and Cleos tomorrow evening.Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
If it doesn’t work out in the daylight don’t hesitate to try after dark😉

·
Registered
918 Posts
Friday evening shakedown trip for us drew a blank. Everything functioned as it should and kids still had fun, just couldn’t buy a bite. Fished 20-50’ and everything in between. 2 thru 5 cores and SW’s. Speed 2.5 sog.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Friday evening shakedown trip for us drew a blank. Everything functioned as it should and kids still had fun, just couldn’t buy a bite. Fished 20-50’ and everything in between. 2 thru 5 cores and SW’s. Speed 2.5 sog.
I got out last night as well for 2 hours or so. Didn't have anything go either. That seemed to be the norm last night at the dock. Forgot to grab my planer boards out of the big boat so it was going to be interesting if I took a hit. Started in 60 and trolled to the dock. Ran a 4, a 2, and a slide diver.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 ·
As the weather has gotten hot the fishing has gotten cold. We fished both Friday evening and Saturday morning with only one laker to show for it. Last night Joey and I ran out to the second 70 and trolled back to the point without a touch. Saw a few fish on the surface but that was it. This morning Ed and I ran down to the singing bridge where we took the laker. Then ran out to the bell buoy. We marked a lot of bait and some fish there but only had one pull back. Trolled from there most of the way back to the point but nothing. Again saw a few fish on the surface and a couple bait balls on the surface too but no hits.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
Glad to hear we weren’t the only ones that struggled.
Sounds like it was tough for a lot of guys. Had to get in early this morning to go to a funeral for a coworker that’s a year younger than me. Everyday out there is a beautiful day whether you’re catching or not. Today was especially beautiful!
Water Sky Cloud Atmosphere Fluid

·
Registered
918 Posts
Sounds like it was tough for a lot of guys. Had to get in early this morning to go to a funeral for a coworker that’s a year younger than me. Everyday out there is a beautiful day whether you’re catching or not. Today was especially beautiful! View attachment 831964
Agree 100%

Water Boat Watercraft Sky Cloud

·
Registered
363 Posts
I know this is a late report, but I fished solo on Wed. after Andy and I had a very good evening the night before. Only had 2 hits, but the one was worth it. 17# King on walleye tackle. (12# test) and a walleye rod. After screaming across the boat and getting into my lead core board on the other side of the boat, I was able to land him. Also had to dodge thunderstorms and sit in the truck for a couple hours but worth it.
Fishing net Hood Grey Motor vehicle Fish

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I know this is a late report, but I fished solo on Wed. after Andy and I had a very good evening the night before. Only had 2 hits, but the one was worth it. 17# King on walleye tackle. (12# test) and a walleye rod. After screaming across the boat and getting into my lead core board on the other side of the boat, I was able to land him. Also had to dodge thunderstorms and sit in the truck for a couple hours but worth it. View attachment 831980
Congrats on the fish! Looks well fed for sure! Anything in its belly?

281 - 300 of 399 Posts