Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
261 - 280 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
View attachment 831317
View attachment 831316
Started slow but ended nicely out with Ed tonight. Ended up 7 for 8 with 5 coho, a brown and a small laker that went back. Green and black again was the color on five colors up to one color leadcore. 2.5 mph. Got fish from 25 out to 50 fow.
HELL YEAH ANDY, Hell of an afternoon
Those coho plants definitely are paying off

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 ·
Hey Andy! Your back must be feeling a lot better in order to lift up 4 fish at a time like that 😂.
I will be up on Memorial weekend with boat in tow. Keep the intel coming - I appreciate it as always.
Good to hear Jeff. It’ll be nice to see you again. I’ll get my rain gear out though. Thanks for the heads up. Lol The back is way better than before. Not perfect but way better. Give me a text when you get up here.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Good to hear Jeff. It’ll be nice to see you again. I’ll get my rain gear out though. Thanks for the heads up. Lol The back is way better than before. Not perfect but way better. Give me a text when you get up here.
LOL. I will text you for sure when I get up there. Forget the rain gear. You will need hurricane gear when I come strolling into town! It never fails 😂

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Those aren’t just coho, those are really nice spring coho! I’ll be up either Saturday or Sunday. I’m hoping for a paddling buddy, and I have another friend interested in the walleye I’ve been catching wading (it’s been pretty windy lately).
Thanks for posting Andy. I’ll be paddling a green solo canoe, with a “Great Pumpkin” drysuit. I don’t mind stopping the paddles to say hello, and that is an invitation to anyone here. Just remember I mostly longline!

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
Those aren’t just coho, those are really nice spring coho! I’ll be up either Saturday or Sunday. I’m hoping for a paddling buddy, and I have another friend interested in the walleye I’ve been catching wading (it’s been pretty windy lately).
Thanks for posting Andy. I’ll be paddling a green solo canoe, with a “Great Pumpkin” drysuit. I don’t mind stopping the paddles to say hello, and that is an invitation to anyone here. Just remember I mostly longline!
I’ll be watching for you. Good chance we’ll be out.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
Anyone know if anything's being caught off the pier or in front of the River.I was going to come over with my teenage boys and cast Rapalas and Cleos tomorrow evening.Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
I wish I had 1st hand knowledge off the pier but I don’t. There’s lots of bait up there so I would think there has to be some eyes around the pier.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 · (Edited)
Struggled this morning with Ed and Tony. Ended up only 1 for 3 with one brown. Was hot flat and buggy. Saw a handful of fish at the top. Nothing down low on the sonar. Fished from the point south to alabaster. Surface temp was almost 10 degrees warmer than Tuesday. Brown was full of ladybugs. All three hits were on the same 2 color with a black green spoon.
Saw bunches of shiners at the launch.
Water Landscape Pattern Horizon Wind wave

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Anyone know if anything's being caught off the pier or in front of the River.I was going to come over with my teenage boys and cast Rapalas and Cleos tomorrow evening.Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
DNR report - yesterday
Tawas: Anglers were catching walleye, Atlantic salmon and brown trout on the pier while casting body baits, spoons and minnows

·
Registered
428 Posts
Struggled this morning with Ed and Tony. Ended up only 1 for 3 with one brown. Was hot flat and buggy. Saw a handful of fish at the top. Nothing down low on the sonar. Fished from the point south to alabaster. Surface temp was almost 10 degrees warmer than Tuesday. Brown was full of ladybugs. All three hits were on the same 2 color with a black green spoon.
Saw bunches of shiners at the launch. View attachment 831616
You can’t get them everyday Andy!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

261 - 280 of 375 Posts