Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
221 - 240 of 535 Posts

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
Water Vertebrate Sky Outdoor recreation Boat

Got out with Tony tonight. It was a tough evening but we ended up 1 for 2. Water looked great as we left the dock but as soon as we started to set lines the wind started to pick up again. Ended up having to fish further up in the bay out of the wind. It started to calm down so we tried working out a little deeper. Hit a brown on a 3 color with a green/black moonshine spoon. As soon as that hit the net a two color with a carbon 14 took off. Got the board off and the fish took off again then popped off the hook. As soon as we set lines again the wind started to pick up again and we called it a night. Fish were in 25 fow moving 2.5 mph. Looking forward to some nice warm southwest winds.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was finally able to get up to Tawas yesterday with a new friend I met on the water over in Sanilac. We went out about 10 o’clock and Fish till two. Mark most of our fish in 35 to 40 feet of water, just outside the point. North-south troll at 2.5 mph. Went 2 for 3 with one steelhead and one Laker, don’t know what the third one was, it came and got off on the slider. Got the Laker on A 57 Chevy stick bait and the steel head came off another Small spoon slider.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
I was finally able to get up to Tawas yesterday with a new friend I met on the water over in Sanilac. We went out about 10 o’clock and Fish till two. Mark most of our fish in 35 to 40 feet of water, just outside the point. North-south troll at 2.5 mph. Went 2 for 3 with one steelhead and one Laker, don’t know what the third one was, it came and got off on the slider. Got the Laker on A 57 Chevy stick bait and the steel head came off another Small spoon slider.
Hey we saw you as we were pulling out of the boat launch. Appreciate the info you gave us as we were heading out. Unfortunately we just couldn’t stay out there long enough with that building east wind. That steelhead looks like a really nice fish. Way to go!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey we saw you as we were pulling out of the boat launch. Appreciate the info you gave us as we were heading out. Unfortunately we just couldn’t stay out there long enough with that building east wind. That steelhead looks like a really nice fish. Way to go!
Oh yeah I remember, that steelhead went 11 pounds and I weighed the Laker when I got home, he was 6 pounds. Was a lot of fun! I hope I’m able to get back up there real soon, but with a 2+ hour drive for me I have to make sure the weather cooperates. I hope to see you again sometime, I read a lot of your post.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
Nothing is safe around andyotto, if it has fins or feathers its in danger!
True "Michigan Sportsman". (y)
Lol Thanks! Been probably 15 years since I’ve got a turkey. Was awesome having two come in this morning although it was all over in less than ten minutes. They weren’t very big but glad Joey got his first.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Couldn’t fish today so went and bought new 3 & 7 color rigs on new rods with convectors. While I was at it I figured I better get some new ugly stick downrigger rods with convectors too. Oh and some carbon 14’s and green hulks. I think I got Father’s Day and Mother’s Day mixed up…lol.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Couldn’t fish today so went and bought new 3 & 7 color rigs on new rods with convectors. While I was at it I figured I better get some new ugly stick downrigger rods with convectors too. Oh and some carbon 14’s and green hulks. I think I got Father’s Day and Mother’s Day mixed up…lol.
Ugly stik downrigger rods???

·
Registered
594 Posts
I could also go for a few more convectors. Last time I went shopping I dropped over $600, its just too easy to grab a handful of rods and a basket of reels and lures.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I could also go for a few more convectors. Last time I went shopping I dropped over $600, its just too easy to grab a handful of rods and a basket of reels and lures.
Definitely sticker shock went it all rang up.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
8 foot 6 cork handle medium and medium heavy ugly stik lite rods are my favorite. I have 12 of them and almost all are from 1999. Ive only broken 1 and replace guides as needed.
They are workhorses. I dont even know if they are made anymore.

221 - 240 of 535 Posts