Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Struggled this morning with Ed and Tony. Ended up only 1 for 3 with one brown. Was hot flat and buggy. Saw a handful of fish at the top. Nothing down low on the sonar. Fished from the point south to alabaster. Surface temp was almost 10 degrees warmer than Tuesday. Brown was full of ladybugs. All three hits were on the same 2 color with a black green spoon.
Saw bunches of shiners at the launch. View attachment 831616
You can’t get them everyday Andy!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
475 Posts
I know this is a late report, but I fished solo on Wed. after Andy and I had a very good evening the night before. Only had 2 hits, but the one was worth it. 17# King on walleye tackle. (12# test) and a walleye rod. After screaming across the boat and getting into my lead core board on the other side of the boat, I was able to land him. Also had to dodge thunderstorms and sit in the truck for a couple hours but worth it. View attachment 831980
That’s an awesome looking king!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Didn’t get many today but Ed and I did get a few really hog eyes today. Trolled from 40 all the way out to 80 before we really got onto them. Got a laker too before I had to book in to get to an appointment. 80 fow down 40-60 all on long core and 300 steel. Dark moonshine spoons. Lost one right before we had to pull lines. Really nice morning. Flat calm and almost no bugs. Laker had sticklebacks walleye had goo in the bellies.
View attachment 837345
View attachment 837346
View attachment 837347
View attachment 837344
Damn nice walleyes.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Well the wind finally calmed down enough for Joey and I to get back out on the lake for Father’s Day. The strong winds blew out the warm water and brought up 49 degree water off the point. We headed out to the 80 that Ed and I caught fish at last week. Started out super slow with 52 degrees at the surface in 80 fow. Got a much appreciated tip from Gatorgetter that there was warmer water to the south. Only had to go about 2/3 of a mile and the water temp jumped to 57. Almost immediately we took a steelhead an eye and a small king. Then started picking away at the eyes. Ended up with 9 eyes, the king and the steelhead. Got fish on 5 color down to 300 weighted steel and on divers out 110 to 150. Screwball under the bright sky was the star of the show. View attachment 838238 View attachment 838239 View attachment 838237
Damn nice Father’s Day good job Andy

·
Registered
475 Posts
sounds about right. take a 90degree compass heading straight out, you will come first to a 30 foot hole. than the drop off.
head south east and would run out to Yankee reef and be by ourself. with salmon jumping around us.
last time I fish Oscoda the pack of boats would be on the drop off. it would extend several miles long and a mile wide.
lots of cannon balls have been lost on that edge.
But now I have aged myself.
I have wondered if I could pull the old lake trout gear out and the hot n tots and do any good fishing the old ways.
caught a fee Lakers each year over 20 lbs

Sent from my SM-N986U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
How far is yankee reef?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts