Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Good to hear Jeff. It鈥檒l be nice to see you again. I鈥檒l get my rain gear out though. Thanks for the heads up. Lol The back is way better than before. Not perfect but way better. Give me a text when you get up here.
LOL. I will text you for sure when I get up there. Forget the rain gear. You will need hurricane gear when I come strolling into town! It never fails 馃槀

Registered
Ill be up next weekend boys, so plan on the weather being unfishable as im sure blacksheep will be in town also. Double whammy on the weather for sure.
I will be there Jake!! Looking forward to being out there with you and Andy and all the boys. It goes without saying though that I am already a little concerned about the weather forecast. I only wish I were kidding!!

Registered
Went 3 for 6 tonight between 60-70fow. Landed 10 and 14lb kings and a chunky walleye. The eye was on a flounder pounder 10 color and both kings hit an orange slider with main line down 50 in 65fow. Great night although got soaked coming back in. Lost fish on 2 and 3 color and slider. Kings were unexpected and a lot of fun.
Water Sky Smile Boat Cloud

Water Smile Sky Boat Mammal

Registered
Fished Tawas this morning again between 60-70 fow. Went 1-4 with a 9# laker coming to the net on 7 color running agent orange. We lost a dandy king right at the net that hit an orange / silver slider with main line down 55. That one stung a bit. We had hits on 10 color and the slider again with nothing to show for it. Beautiful morning on the bay.
Water Sky Cloud Smile Fisherman

Registered
Congrats JGG on the nice rig and the first trip out. I hope it鈥檚 the first of many for you and your Dad.

That is a really nice king Andy - way to go. I am headed up with family this Thursday and I will let you know when we get there. Hoping to get out with you this coming weekend. Can鈥檛 wait to get out again.

Registered
I was going back and forth about Oscoda or Tawas this morning and ended up Tawas. I fished with the family from 7-11am. It was a real washing machine out there. The wind and white caps really prevented me from going where I wanted to go or doing what I wanted to do. We ended up 1 for 2 in 60-70 fow. We boated a 9# laker that hit a jordo spoon on a DR 50 down. The same rod had a nice strike later but was gone as fast as it hit. That was it. Nothing touched the lead or the dipseys. We got a little wet making our way back to the launch as those waves just get slapping the port side of the boat as we headed South to the launch. Really nice morning otherwise.
Smile Wheel Tire Vehicle Watercraft

Registered
Food Fish Seafood Wood Plant

X2 on the heavier winds than predicted, rougher seas and frustration. I was fishing with my son and daughter who know what to do but those conditions made it real tough. I was running all over trying to manage way too many things at once in that washing machine. Also had a bug fly into my eye which wasn鈥檛 fun. After a frustrating start, We ended with 6 nice eyes and a small king. A couple of these eyes are flirting with 24鈥. We also lost at least 3. Fish hit 5,7 and 10 colors plus the DR鈥檚. It was fun being out there with Andy and Ed. If it wasn鈥檛 for those 2, I would have questioned my sanity this morning. I abandoned the dipseys as the surging waves just kept popping them. Kids had a lot once we got into them. Great start to vacation.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts