Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,251 Posts
Had a couple of really fun trips this weekend. Took one my former exchange students from Germany out along with his father and my friend Chris. We ended up 6 for 12 in 10-20 fow running black and silver husky jerks at 1.7-2.0 mph. 5 browns and a one eyed laker That kid is one lucky fisherman. Every time out with him he’s caught fish. Really nice to meet his dad. View attachment 825976
View attachment 825975
View attachment 825974

This morning Tony, Ed and I launched out of East Tawas. Little mistake with that. Some ice that was on the other side of the pier blocked us off from the ramp when the wind switched. Ed dropped me off and I had to pick him up with the truck over at the River mouth. Ended up 5 for 8 with a pike, a laker and 3 browns. Same program as yesterday. Fish shut down around 10 when the wind slacked to almost nothing. Good fishing with great friends.
View attachment 825977
View attachment 825979
View attachment 825978
Killing it!

·
Registered
16,251 Posts
Had an unexpectedly good day again in Tawas with my buddy Paul. After the wind and cold our expectations were low. We ended up 5 for 7 with 4 Browns and a nice walleye. Lost a laker behind the boat and what I think was a small coho. The two big browns went 11 (Pauls best and he might have it mounted) and 9 lbs. Fish were puking up shiners and had some gobbies in their bellies as well. Fished in 15-20 fow. Black silver husky jerks 30-50 back. View attachment 827013 View attachment 827015
Toads!

·
Registered
16,251 Posts
@CHASINEYES I really don’t need that kind of encouragement! During tourist season my favorite beach is locked up tight until 8 AM. There’s some things about covid I’m going to miss!
Two days of cooler weather may have changed it slightly. Limits yesterday morning out from lighthouse park. A few days ago you could have tore em up in 15-20 west of there. Maybe even shallower in the right location.

·
Registered
16,251 Posts
100-115 fow. 10 color and greasy chicken has been the best. Missed a good rip on a high line with a flicker minnow. 1 laker on a dipsy on#2 out 150. Speed 1.9 -21 on an east troll. Still catching. Cousin and his wife is leaving here by water heading to Tawas. They're meeting her father for lunch. Long ride in an islander.
Food Seafood Fish Fin Wood

Water Water resources Ecoregion Map World

·
Registered
16,251 Posts
140fow. ENE of grindstone city. 6-7-8-10 color 250,300 cu.. 1.9gps.. 2.6 at probe. Temp break was 50 down. Moonshine RV spoons View attachment 848078

Sent from my SM-N981U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Nice! We marked a thermo out there at 50 last week. Never did post a follow up. Had one board ripping silver hit on an Fire tail hot perch #7 flicker minnow back 100'. Rigger was dead with SD/fly and various spoons up to 3mph. Ended with the two lakers and 8 for 15 on eyes. Had two rookies aboard who tried their hand at netting. One of which gave me covid. 10 color greasy chicken took 80% of the eyes, 1 laker and accounted for 80% of those lost. 1 walleye on an standard orange carbon slider. The rest on a 6 color with a 2 ounce snap weight added and greasy chicken. 2nd laker was on a mag s-clip dipsy with a blue/white/black colored moonshine, 2 setting out 150.
Are you still finding green water?

·
Registered
16,251 Posts
Headed west northwest out of port Austin Saturday. Break was 85 down. Took a steelie right away on a 7 color in 95 ft and then a king in 105ft. Kept heading NW to 160ft. Most fish were in 100-130. Ended up with 2 steelies, 2 walleye and 2 kings and a coho. 7 color was best with a steelie stomper taking 3 fish. The diver went once and the rigger down 85 took 2 silver fish on an orange moonshine. One on the slider on that rigger also. Lost 2 steelies on my 5 color also View attachment 848174
That's a nice pile of silver meat coming from outer Saginaw Bay!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts