Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1181 - 1200 of 1318 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think shad. Hard to tell but that’s usually what’s out there. That picture was all in the Atlantic. The eyes I cleaned just had smelt Ed took the other fish with him. Oh there’s one white bass in there too.
Nice job again Andy. Have you had problems with weeds on your longer cores? A few days ago my 7 & 8 color spoons were covered with weeds and yet should have been 15 or 20 feet above any.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,182 ·
Nice job again Andy. Have you had problems with weeds on your longer cores? A few days ago my 7 & 8 color spoons were covered with weeds and yet should have been 15 or 20 feet above any.
No not at all. What speed were you running and did the boat stop forward momentum for a moment. I’ve either slowed down to fight a fish and picked up weeds or turned into the waves too quickly and the core can drop to the bottom.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Got out with Rippen Lip this morning. 4-7 on silver,4-4 on eyes. lost a giant steel on a rigger down 48, lost a big silver on a slider on that same rod, lost the other silver on a wire slide diver out 130' (down 55 ish) 7 color, 10 color, 250 copper ,rigger were busy rods. 8 color never took a hit. Had a 5 color out for a while it was also quite. Speed at probe was 3.2-3.5. No bites slower. Even took a walleye on an outside turn at that speed. Black moonshine rv spoons were all they touched. Nothing on green jeans or orange today.
62-64' fow south twords Whitestone point. Walleye were primarily north twords tawas.
Freezer and families freezers are full of steel for the winter. Time to move back south into the bay for a while and hunt those walleyes. Man August was awesome to me up in tawas.
Food Vertebrate White Seafood Ingredient
Water Vertebrate Gesture Fisherman Fish
Sky Cloud Water Boat Smile
Water Sky Sunglasses Fin Fisherman
Sky Water Fisherman Fish Recreational fishing
Sky Water Boat Vertebrate Cloud

Sent from my SM-N981U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
View attachment 786653

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,184 ·
Got out with Rippen Lip this morning. 4-7 on silver,4-4 on eyes. lost a giant steel on a rigger down 48, lost a big silver on a slider on that same rod, lost the other silver on a wire slide diver out 130' (down 55 ish) 7 color, 10 color, 250 copper ,rigger were busy rods. 8 color never took a hit. Had a 5 color out for a while it was also quite. Speed at probe was 3.2-3.5. No bites slower. Even took a walleye on an outside turn at that speed. Black moonshine rv spoons were all they touched. Nothing on green jeans or orange today.
62-64' fow south twords Whitestone point. Walleye were primarily north twords tawas.
Freezer and families freezers are full of steel for the winter. Time to move back south into the bay for a while and hunt those walleyes. Man August was awesome to me up in tawas.
View attachment 786638 View attachment 786639 View attachment 786640 View attachment 786641 View attachment 786642 View attachment 786643

Beautiful fish Nick!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
View attachment 786638 View attachment 786639 View attachment 786640 View attachment 786641 View attachment 786642 View attachment 786643

Great day! That lamprey was hideous. Sushi grade chrome. 🍣! Rose is excited about eating the eyes!!! Thanks again nick!
Fin Fishing net Fish Marine biology Ray-finned fish
Food Tableware Ingredient Plate Seafood

·
Registered
199 Posts
No state docks. I was the first boat in sunday. Came off the water about 11:30-noon..
I think now that summer traffic is down if i come back up i am going to launch out of the river. Comming from the south it actually saves me alot of time. Just not when i Have to wait 40 mins to get the boat back on the trailer.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,189 ·
No state docks. I was the first boat in sunday. Came off the water about 11:30-noon..
I think now that summer traffic is down if i come back up i am going to launch out of the river. Comming from the south it actually saves me alot of time. Just not when i Have to wait 40 mins to get the boat back on the trailer.

Yes I get that. Some days its just such a zoo down there.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Fished solo out of Tawas yesterday in 60 to 65ft. Of water. 2 walleye on a 10 color orange and pink stinger spoon. One walleye on a dipsy back 150ft. with a black spoon and a 14.7lb. Steelie that hit the rigger down 55ft. also on a black spoon.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,197 ·
Fished solo out of Tawas yesterday in 60 to 65ft. Of water. 2 walleye on a 10 color orange and pink stinger spoon. One walleye on a dipsy back 150ft. with a black spoon and a 14.7lb. Steelie that hit the rigger down 55ft. also on a black spoon.
Beautiful fish Ed. See you after work tomorrow.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Question for you guys, I have been struggling to get anything going on the riggers, how far do you guys run behind ball?
Will anybody be out tomorrow am weather looks good?

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
We'll be out again in the AM. We've also been struggling. Andy makes it seem so easy, haha. We're learning a lot and having fun though. Good luck to you @ausable

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
We'll be out again in the AM. We've also been struggling. Andy makes it seem so easy, haha. We're learning a lot and having fun though. Good luck to you @ausable
35-50 back. Free sliders get a lot of the hits but main line holds its own some days. I like 12lb cannonballs. I think anything less has too much blowback to be effective. Hope this helps. Also since using chamberlain releases on Andy’s boat once I have since got rid of all my pad releases and hook ups are way better for me.

1181 - 1200 of 1318 Posts