Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1161 - 1180 of 1319 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Little late but non the less here’s my Saturday report. Waves waves and more waves. Lost my balance and broke my phone in that slop.back in business now. We started at 8am and stuck it out till 4 trying to find a silver fish. No luck….thank god for drift socks to smooth out the waves and autopilot trolling motors.
Did manage 4 walleye, 2 sheep,one fat catfish. Still marked a ton of bait and the walleyes we did catch were spitting smelt up in the well. All the fish we cought were in the stained water down toward alabaster. 55 fow or so seemed to be where most of the bait was hanging. Did work out to 80 feet didn’t mark hardly anything past 65 feet. Will be back with more reports when the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
And this just happened, 10 minutes of fun. 70’ of water @ 2.7-2.9 mph. One on a dipsey down 60’, one on a 7 color, the Coho came on a green jeans on my rigger at the bottom, 30’ behind the ball. Water temp at surface is 73 degrees and at the ball it’s going between 69-70. View attachment 785280 View attachment 785281
Nice catch. Fish ain’t bad either. Lucky. Couples who fish together stay together!

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,167 ·
Got a late report from Monday evening and a fresh one from tonight. Both reports are pretty much the same. Ended up with 3 eyes and a steelhead Monday out solo. Got 3 eyes and a coho tonight with my buddy Mike. Got fish on long cores and riggers down 55. Black glow spoons again. Fish and loads of bait were in 60 to 70 fow. 2.8-3.2 mph. Had to put my spoons in front of hundreds of fish before one would go. Slow but not completely dead.
Water Cloud Sky Fisherman Fish
Water Sky Vertebrate Fisherman Outdoor recreation

Rectangle World Automotive lighting Line Font
Rectangle Textile Font Art Gas
Cloud Water Sky Atmosphere Afterglow
Cloud Water Sky Atmosphere Water resources

·
Registered
15,433 Posts
Got a late report from Monday evening and a fresh one from tonight. Both reports are pretty much the same. Ended up with 3 eyes and a steelhead Monday out solo. Got 3 eyes and a coho tonight with my buddy Mike. Got fish on long cores and riggers down 55. Black glow spoons again. Fish and loads of bait were in 60 to 70 fow. 2.8-3.2 mph. Had to put my spoons in front of hundreds of fish before one would go. Slow but not completely dead. View attachment 786202 View attachment 786203
View attachment 786204 View attachment 786207 View attachment 786205 View attachment 786206
Nice pics! I saw bait like that a few times back in July 40fow at Gstone. Has anyone given you a down temp recently in that depth range?

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,178 ·
Got out with Ed this morning. It wasn’t hot by any means but we had just enough action to keep it interesting. Stayed in the 1st 70 the whole morning. Ended up with 4 eyes an Atlantic and a steelhead. Lost a silver on a slider and had an 8 color broken off. Long cores caught most of the fish but the Atlantic was on a slider. All black moonshines in 65-70 fow. Running quick today at 3-3.2. Just a gorgeous morning out there. Perfect conditions cloudy with a little chop. Tons of bait again but definitely fewer marks. Fish had a variety of bait.
Water Smile Fisherman Outdoor recreation Boat
Wood Road surface Gesture Asphalt Sand

1161 - 1180 of 1319 Posts