Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1316 Posts

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here we go! I’ve got a report. Not much of one but a report nonetheless. Launched out of the river mouth solo. No dock in yet. Ran south in crystal clear cold water. 32 degrees. Couldn’t find anything warmer. Trolled back to the river mouth when the inside board takes off. Board must have been in 6 foot of water. Ended up with a nice 28 inch steelhead on a smelt colored huskyjerk. That was it for the evening. Ran in at 6. East Tawas is still ice from the state dock towards Jerry’s. Beautiful evening!

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NICE steely Andy, great fish to start with. I knew you wouldn’t be able to resist! Im so glad to see the 2021 Tawas thread fired up for the year! Hopefully it won’t be too long before I get up there and can contribute something worthwhile.
Definitely looking forward to it Jake. We’ll have to get out together again too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ok here we go! I’ve got a report. Not much of one but a report nonetheless. Launched out of the river mouth solo. No dock in yet. Ran south in crystal clear cold water. 32 degrees. Couldn’t find anything warmer. Trolled back to the river mouth when the inside board takes off. Board must have been in 6 foot of water. Ended up with a nice 28 inch steelhead on a smelt colored huskyjerk. That was it for the evening. Ran in at 6. East Tawas is still ice from the state dock towards Jerry’s. Beautiful evening! View attachment 756378 View attachment 756379
Way to start the year Andy! Not sure if I can even get my boat out of the yard yet.🤔

·
Registered
892 Posts
Nice work Andy. I am missing the old boat with outboard this time of year. I might have to wait till mid April to splash the big boat....or the truck might have to be parked outside for a bit.

Reactions: andyotto

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice work Andy. I am missing the old boat with outboard this time of year. I might have to wait till mid April to splash the big boat....or the truck might have to be parked outside for a bit.
Looking forward to seeing reports from you and the boys this spring/summer.

·
Registered
892 Posts
North and East winds forecasted all week. The bay will be completely cleaned out of ice from that.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well it certainly wasn’t southern Lake Huron but I did get lucky enough to scratch out a decent fish this evening. Ended up with a nice brown in 15 fow on a smelt color husky jerk back 45. Water is gin clear up in the bay but a little better south towards alabaster. Brown was puking up smelt and had a belly full. 10 lbs on the nose.

1 - 20 of 1316 Posts