Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I have recently moved here from wisconsin and am wondering about my options for tagging a deer. I have a Michigan bow tag and a Michigan gun tag. My question is if I shoot a doe with my bow can I still bow hunt for a buck using my gun tag? I would like to get some meat before gun season to have Jerky made for the gun season and a doe would be perfect, but I also want to still be able to hunt a buck. Using my gun tag is noe big deal because we hunt Wisconsin for gun season anyway but have some land near home we were going to muzzel loder hunt, so that is why I bought the gun tag also. Any help would be appreciated. I looked on the DNR web site but that is about usless.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you bought an individual Gun tag and an individual Bow tag, you cannot use the in the opposite season. Gun for Gun season and Bow for Bow season. NOT Gun tag in Bow Season or Bow tag in Gun season.

Michigan does sell a COMBO tag. This is two kill tags that are purchased together and can be used in either season. The restriction on one of the tags though is that the buck must be 4 points or more on one antler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts