Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have been there once before but never fished it. just wondering how the fishing is around the falls area. are there any walleye in the river. me and my brother where thinking about taking a camping trip up there this summer with the ol canoe and do some fishing. just wondering how the fishing is and what i should expect. thanks tight lines to all

·
Registered
731 Posts
Theres fish in the area I'm sure about thier numbers though. We were camping there a few years back. I took a rowboat over to the small falls and was just messing around. I caught an 18" walleye and about a 2lbs smallmouth. Both fish were caught on spinners in pools surrounding the island. Also the Two Hearted river which isnt far from there has some good trout fishing. I've canoed the Two Hearted and it was a blast. It took 10 hours to reach Lake Superior.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The two hearted isn't that great for fishing. But it's a great canoe trip. Stay at the reed and green campground and put in up river. Nice to have a car full of gear waiting for you! The tahq between the lower and upper falls is rumored to be outstanding for bass.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
once upon a time the tahq river was a pretty hot musky area... i haven't heard anything about it in a while, but it still may be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts