Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Tagged out tonight from the same stand I shot a bow buck 11 point. A really terrible blood trail that only lasted about 30 yards. I found it about 40 yards further body searching. Severe quartering away, hit right where I aimed, entered behind last rib and stuck in off shoulder, no exit. Hit heart and lung. Guts plugged up the entrance hole. Today was the 4th encounter with this buck, the 3 others times he stayed just out of bow range coming and going from the same area. He was definitely a homebody. This is my first buck with gun since 2006 and that buck had its head cut off and was stolen from our buck pole. View attachment 609145 View attachment 609147
Congrats great buck you had great season,Would love to see pictures of your trophy room.Bet it’s awsome

·
Registered
10,696 Posts
Congrats on another great season Hubb - 2 dandy's!!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Congrats on a great season Hub. Sorry about the first buck. Never understood that kind of thing, if you didn't earn them,...why would you want them. To thieve them from someone that did earn them makes it so much the more despicable.

Some individuals continue set a poor examples for the human race.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Tagged out tonight from the same stand I shot a bow buck 11 point. A really terrible blood trail that only lasted about 30 yards. I found it about 40 yards further body searching. Severe quartering away, hit right where I aimed, entered behind last rib and stuck in off shoulder, no exit. Hit heart and lung. Guts plugged up the entrance hole. Today was the 4th encounter with this buck, the 3 others times he stayed just out of bow range coming and going from the same area. He was definitely a homebody. This is my first buck with gun since 2006 and that buck had its head cut off and was stolen from our buck pole. View attachment 609145 View attachment 609147
Well now you're just showing off...some people :)
2 great bucks, nicely done.

I gotta ask...When you look at those spectacular racks on your wall, do you mutter "hubba, hubba"?

P.S. Thieves suck!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Great season Hubb. Gives me some motivation to keep sitting as things have slowed down considerably. Congrats

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks guys! I was shooting a 450. I’ve shot several deer with it and never not had a pass through. Had there been the exit hole I probably could have walked right up to it with the hands and knees pin drop track we had. Just one of those oddities that happens in deer hunting that’s hard to explain.

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Way to finish strong Hubb. As everyone knows this is a tough time of year to get it done especially on a tank like him. Congrats on a great season.
I pretty much regard after the gun opener to be doe hunting unless you get lucky and buck screws up, that’s been my experience anyway. Honestly I felt this buck was killable. Having had the other close calls on this buck and knowing that spot had seen low pressure throughout bow season, other than the bow buck I shot. We access the stand by cutting a trail through our swamp coming from the opposite side of where the deer will be coming from. It’s a small finger mix of AO’s, long grass and trees sandwiched between a swamp, hinge cut section and large chunk of pines. It’s been a very productive spot over the years.

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Congratulations! Very nice! Very sorry to hear someone stole the head from your deer. What in the hell is this world coming too! How despicable and pathetic. Thief’s disgust me. But you shot two beautiful bucks this year. Heck of a year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. That buck was a 125” 10 and my biggest at the time. Never found out for sure but there was some indication it was a local with a criminal record of similar crimes.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Big antler mania is a bad thing but it’s no excuse for being a POS and stealing someone’s trophies! Great season sir, damn nice bucks as usual Hubb and he posed so nice for the pic!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Congrats on another nice buck!! This is about the time of the year where I wouldn’t mind tagging out.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts