Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To have a weekend where you shoot two 10pts with your bow 26hrs apart probably will never happen again. But on this weekend, it did. I never thought this would happen to me, but it's a weekend I will never forget.

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
To have a weekend where you shoot two 10pts with your bow 26hrs apart probably will never happen again. But on this weekend, it did. I never thought this would happen to me, but it's a weekend I will never forget.

Nice videos and nice deer.

·
Registered
10,683 Posts
Awesome S & B!! Doesn't get much better than that.

Reactions: Smith&Brownie

·
Administrator
17,434 Posts
Man! Awesome hunts! Awesome video! Great bucks!
Congrats!
Surprised the first one went as far as it did on what looked to be a nice double lunger!
<----<<<

·
Registered
10,683 Posts
Man! Awesome hunts! Awesome video! Great bucks!
Congrats!
Surprised the first one went as far as it did on what looked to be a nice double lunger!
<----<<<
I was thinking maybe only 1 lung Joe...with that quartering-to angle and I'm sure you saw the exit hole a ways back?

What was it S & B? 1 lung or two??

·
Administrator
17,434 Posts
I was thinking maybe only 1 lung Joe...with that quartering-to angle and I'm sure you saw the exit hole a ways back?

Yep! I did see the exit hole. In my estimation it was in front of the stomach and likely caught the liver and a part of the right lung.
<----<<<

·
Registered
10,683 Posts
Yep! I did see the exit hole. In my estimation it was in front of the stomach and likely caught the liver and a part of the right lung.
<----<<<
Yep - No question about the left lung and liver - just not sure if it caught any of the right lung. I’m sure he will let us know.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Nice job. I’ve never killed 2 bucks with the bow before the gun opener.
Not sure what I do with myself the rest of the year. Lol. Congrats again.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Killing two bucks before the gun opener is nothing short of a perfect season in my book. Leave that gun cased and bowhunt does. That's my goal.

·
Registered
9,321 Posts
Killing two bucks before the gun opener is nothing short of a perfect season in my book. Leave that gun cased and bowhunt does. That's my goal.
I agree Dish. That would be winning the Super Bowl of bow hunting. But there is something about opening day of gun that’s spiritual. I’ve been in the the woods on Nov 15 since 1983. That morning and day is magical!

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
Reminded me a lot of my first bow kills.
I agree Dish. That would be winning the Super Bowl of bow hunting. But there is something about opening day of gun that’s spiritual. I’ve been in the the woods on Nov 15 since 1983. That morning and day is magical!

Agree, when I have tagged out with a bow it makes opening day feel hollow. I have been out there with doe tags, but it isn't the same anticipation/feeling. On the other hand those years can be fun because I can be a bad influence at deer camp. Some good stories have come out of that. Squirts and puking and waking up at 10:30am are a few good tales of opening day.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts

I know what you are saying. I think that I have tagged out before gun season three times. All good bucks (to me anyway) so no regrets. The first time I did it, I was done October 10th. That was along season. Luckily, I had a trip to Illinois planned in November that year to break ut up, lol.
I don't feel the magic of gun season like I did when I was younger. It's actually a bit of a let down to me. Still do it and enjoy it, just not like bow season.

·
Registered
12,750 Posts
But there is something about opening day of gun that’s spiritual. I’ve been in the the woods on Nov 15 since 1983. That morning and day is magical!

Agree, besides I was only 3 months old on that date ;)

To the OP CONGRATS !!!! I FELT how cold it was on the first video.. takes some serious drive to hunt in weather like that (my favorite). Love "it's windy but November, hunt".. truth ! Nice shooting as well.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Definitely 1 lung! The exit hole was crazy far back, I thought it hit a rib and made it kick back farther. When I saw the exit hole I thought it was be a gut job, lucky enough it was all clean on the inside.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Totally agree with the gun opener. I still took the day off work that year to sit the opener with my Dad, to me that was even better than if I was the one with the gun.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep - No question about the left lung and liver - just not sure if it caught any of the right lung. I’m sure he will let us know.
Definitely 1 lung and liver. The exit hole was pretty far back given the angle, and Im assuming the arrow may have hit a rib to make it kick back even farther..?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts