Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back I was a graduate student working with Dr. William Robinson on his American Woodcock research in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I had the pleasure of working the woods for several years and one of the most memorable hunts was with a fabulous English Setter named "Tag" (almost positive on the name). He pointed nests for me, flushed the hen, while I banded the brood. Check out my album, look at this dog! Can you see his location to the bird, simply AMAZING!

I'm looking to connect with the owner, I would like to discuss purchasing a setter and training. I have 3 boys and it's time to get them onto some birds in the U.P.

Thanks

·
Registered
651 Posts
I am sending you a private message regarding my upcoming litter this year that has Tag in its pedigree. I bought a pup from Keith Rich and have been breeding that line of setters. Keith bought one from me 3 years ago, he loves my litters. This will be a three-peat litter.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Awhile back I was a graduate student working with Dr. William Robinson on his American Woodcock research in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I had the pleasure of working the woods for several years and one of the most memorable hunts was with a fabulous English Setter named "Tag" (almost positive on the name). He pointed nests for me, flushed the hen, while I banded the brood. Check out my album, look at this dog! Can you see his location to the bird, simply AMAZING!

I'm looking to connect with the owner, I would like to discuss purchasing a setter and training. I have 3 boys and it's time to get them onto some birds in the U.P.

Thanks
Doctor Robinson and Neil Cumberlege were awesome. I had them both as profs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doctor Robinson and Neil Cumberlege were awesome. I had them both as profs.
Yes, I agree. I worked with Doc for about 7 years on his Woodcock project. I was having the time of my life in the woods, never wanted to graduate!

Did you ever work on the project? Go to the field house in Felch?

My family still goes UP. Genes pond study area is still our favorite place!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Yes, I agree. I worked with Doc for about 7 years on his Woodcock project. I was having the time of my life in the woods, never wanted to graduate!

Did you ever work on the project? Go to the field house in Felch?

My family still goes UP. Genes pond study area is still our favorite place!
Well sort of. I was signed up for the class in the summer. Doc robinson postponed it. Pre cell phone. I was there on the correct day. I hitchhiked out to Feltch and slept under the canoe. Dark when I got there. I was there for 2 days waiting for the class. Awesome Raccoon story somewhere in there. Finally hitchhiked back to Marquette wondering where anyone was. They said it was postponed and they did not know how to get ahold of me. They told me to hitch hike back. Needless to say I bagged the class. I was also signed up for wolf ecology. I flew up to Alaska instead. Still Like Doc and Neil.

Wish I would have stayed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts