Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We started fishing at 7 am and was done at 9:30. 10 nice fish using #1 tadpole weights and spoons 60' back going 2.1 mph! We were fishing close to 5 miles northeast of charities! Tadpoles were running 22-24' down! Nice fish and weighed one in at 7.19 lbs! Pictures to follow as soon as i get them uploaded! I will show fish and how i rigged in up! Basically tadpole 3' leader to the spoon!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nice job on the fish. It really is nice catching fish with spoons. Those that don't try spoons are really missing the boat. No mess from crawlers, no missing bait, and very few trash fish. Plus its nice to cover twice as much water. I know there are a lot of times that the worm guys will take more fish, but when the bite is hot like right now, spoons are a lot more fun. Thanks for the repoort.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THE REASON I USED THESE IS BECAUSE BRUCE(THE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARDS) WAS ASKING INPUT ON SPOONS WITH TADPOLES! WE TRIED SOME CRANKS AND I DECIDED TO TRY THIS COMBO AND IT WORKED GREAT THEY SLAMMED IT HARD! i used spoon and crawler combo but only tried this a few times! we were getting short hits so i decided to try this now i have another option! Chairman thanks for the head up on showing me how to use the tadpole it was very easy to set up and fish!
Rich

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks, Rich. Nice to know we can use our full size Silver Streaks for these fish, and I bet we are going to see some Steelies and Salmon while out in the deep water after Walleye.
Great catch!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes, Frank's has them. There is a dive curve at www.offshoretackle.com that you can download. Rich was running about 2 to 2.2 with 60' of line behind the Off Shore board.

·
Premium Member
29,818 Posts
Great job Rich!:) Guess I'm going to have to get over there soon for those big ole cheeks and wings:D:lol: How deep of water were you fishing? Going to be off one day during week next week, might try to find ride that way. Like the spoon also.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
we did good again sunday made 3 passes and went 9 for 12 not big fish but nice 2-3lb fish that same gold spoon tearing them up tried copper and spoons with silver in them but they wouldn't touch it! i know near shore there are alot of emerald shiners so maybe that hint of gold on their sides might be the reason why they hit gold! all fish are very dark colored and thick across the back your typical outer bay deep water walleye!

Ralph fishing 22-24' down over 50-60' of water!
Rich #1 tadpoles 60' to the board speed 2.1-2.4

·
Banned
3,032 Posts
we did good again sunday made 3 passes and went 9 for 12 not big fish but nice 2-3lb fish that same gold spoon tearing them up tried copper and spoons with silver in them but they wouldn't touch it! i know near shore there are alot of emerald shiners so maybe that hint of gold on their sides might be the reason why they hit gold! all fish are very dark colored and thick across the back your typical outer bay deep water walleye!

Ralph fishing 22-24' down over 50-60' of water!
Rich #1 tadpoles 60' to the board speed 2.1-2.4
We did well on the #2 back 40 in 21 fow @ 2.0 to 2.2. I believe they pull easier than mini disks. After running them on my buddies boat they have found a home there as well. The mini boards have too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts