Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 806 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Tactacam recently came out with their first trail cam, and it’s cellular. The few reviews I have read are very positive. I ordered one a few days ago for $107 shipped. $8 for a 500 pic per month data package. I will let you all know how it performs. Has anyone on here purchased one yet?
How is the tactacam working out for you? I just ordered a few. I've heard good things about them.

·
Administrator
36,190 Posts
Tactacam recently came out with their first trail cam, and it’s cellular. The few reviews I have read are very positive. I ordered one a few days ago for $107 shipped. $8 for a 500 pic per month data package. I will let you all know how it performs. Has anyone on here purchased one yet?
Where did you purchase for that price?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is there a way to lock it? Cant seem to find out on their website
Lock to a tree - Yes, Python cable bracket molded into the back.
Plus there is a password lock on the camera but no way to lock the camera compartment itself so someone could still take your SD card.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Is there a way to lock it? Cant seem to find out on their website
i also checked out their website and i do not see any mention of a way to lock it. However i did also answer my own question when i looked at their site.. no contracts.. start getting photos and stop at any time.. can choose between verison or at&t

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Mine were delivered yesterday. I set them up in my backyard last evening. So far so good. I manually set the cams to 3 pic burst but they are only taking 1 pic each trigger. I tried changing the settings through the app but it takes 24 hours to take effect.

Plant Natural landscape Tree Grass Fawn

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Does anyone know where you can still get one? It seems like every place I try is already sold out! Man, those went quick!!
I bought one a couple days ago from Kentucky Gun Co. Google it. It was $99 but shipping was not cheap...something like $12.

Edit: I just looked, they’re sold out too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Does anyone know where you can still get one? It seems like every place I try is already sold out! Man, those went quick!!
I ordered one on Saturday from Bass Pro and it showed up yesterday. $99 and free shipping on orders over $50. Activated it and set it out today.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I ordered one on Saturday from Bass Pro and it showed up yesterday. $99 and free shipping on orders over $50. Activated it and set it out today.
Thanks, Bass Pro and Cabela's are sold out now. I got one a couple days ago from Cabelas's for the same deal. Told my buddy and he messed around, and didn't order until he tried this morning. I was trying to help him track one down, but even the small places are out. Glad you got in under the wire!

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Said mine have been shipped & will be delivered Tuesday. Ordered from Cabela's last Thurs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The camera is working excellent so far! Over 500 pics in the last week. I had to bump up my plan to the unlimited. The first cam I bought was from bowhuntingoutlet.com on July 13th, still haven’t received the cam or heard from them since placing the order, I will never order from them again. Got my second cam from cabelas when they were in stock. Before putting it in the woods I played with it a bit, found there’s around a 27 second delay from the time the pic is taken until it hits your phone, pretty fast I’d say. I think they are supposed to be coming out with a lockbox as well as a solar panel in September I read.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
The camera is working excellent so far! Over 500 pics in the last week. I had to bump up my plan to the unlimited. The first cam I bought was from bowhuntingoutlet.com on July 13th, still haven’t received the cam or heard from them since placing the order, I will never order from them again. Got my second cam from cabelas when they were in stock. Before putting it in the woods I played with it a bit, found there’s around a 27 second delay from the time the pic is taken until it hits your phone, pretty fast I’d say. I think they are supposed to be coming out with a lockbox as well as a solar panel in September I read.
That's great it's working well for you man. How do the pictures look that are sent to you?

1 - 20 of 806 Posts