Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this somewhere else because I thought this tab was deleted.

Not a bad project but has some shortfalls, too. Better than what I WAS using (screwing a Sony Handycam to the top of a scope or screwing it into by stablilizer hole and connecting it to a RAM mini mount!).

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I have real good results w a Handycam on my bow. Made an aluminum holder that screws into the stabilizer hole. One wing nut to attach cam when I get in the stand.
I go w/o during gun though. Tacticam looks good on the scope. Do you need the phone to turn it on? Can it zoom?
Bicycle tire Plant Automotive tire Wood Branch

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have real good results w a Handycam on my bow. Made an aluminum holder that screws into the stabilizer hole. One wing nut to attach cam when I get in the stand.
I go w/o during gun though. Tacticam looks good on the scope. Do you need the phone to turn it on? Can it zoom? View attachment 439609
Nice! I love the option to zoom in and see the deer with the Handycam. When I take it into the woods, I leave the binoculars in the truck! Good looking setup you have there!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Nice! I love the option to zoom in and see the deer with the Handycam. When I take it into the woods, I leave the binoculars in the truck! Good looking setup you have there!
Real good picture and sound, open the viewer and hit record, done! The actual impact is always blurred but so much goes through my mind when he's approaching. I can just concentrate on getting a shot. I look up to guys with an arm.
Always have my binos, lol, but the zoom on the Handycam is terrific!
Been thinking about a cheap arm for gun myself. At least I'll have a chance. If I pull off recording it, great!!

·
Addicted2hunting4
953 Posts
i have an arm and tape like that while shooting and i look up to the guys who do it without their camera bouncing/swinging/flying all over the place. i have gotten great footage of the approach, the shot and the hit... but in between each of these points my camera/video will make you want to throw up like you are riding a Cedar Point ride. ha. but i got what counts... kill shot! ha.

Reactions: pgpn123

·
Addicted2hunting4
953 Posts
btw. cool set up with that handycam. not to hijack a review post on the other product, but admire your ingenuity. Maybe the new ones work better. But the no zooming on the old tactacams made me throw mine away. your cool set up with the handycam is deserving of a patent! very cool.

Reactions: pgpn123

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
btw. cool set up with that handycam. not to hijack a review post on the other product, but admire your ingenuity. Maybe the new ones work better. But the no zooming on the old tactacams made me throw mine away. your cool set up with the handycam is deserving of a patent! very cool.
I'm flattered, thanks.
The setup and takedown of an arm is another reason I hesitate to get one. Some stands are in huge oaks that's hard to swing a strap around. Unless theres another way?
How about posting that video?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts