Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of Team of Destiny? An internet franchising business.

We're having some people over the house to talk about it on Sunday, and go over the business plan.

Anyone want to join us? Drop me a PM.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Dose This Have To Do With Quixstar?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are affiliated with Quixtar. But they are thier own company. Quixtar is mearly the shopping potal.

·
Registered
11,841 Posts
AHHHHHHHH..... MLM?? run away, run away now.

Then again, amway did make a boat load of $$, if your at the top of the pyramid anyways.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I got in and out of it in about 3 days a few years ago. It's all based on overpriced items delivered to your home, and a pyramid "type" structure. Not technically an illegal pyramid, but as close as you can get legally. It is affiliated with the Amway system, just internet-based.

LOTS of materials to buy(CDs, tapes, printed materials) and evenings spent doing presentations, mandatory weekly meetings, must buy the overpriced stuff for home delivery yourself, complicated pay structure, etc. etc.

It was not my cup of tea, and I couldn't ask friends and family to buy into it, so I got out. Good luck if you do it, but take a day to think about it before you lay out any cash!

Best Regards,
Byron

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quixtar is a division of the Amway Corp.

But T.O.D. is by no means Amway.

They only use the Quixtar website as a portal.

T.O.D. has thier own system that they use which is different from any other out there. It is also the fastest growing business of it's kind in the world today.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Byron,

You have part of it correct - It is an internet based business.

But, NOTHING in MANDATORY.

You do not have to buy anything that you don;t want.
You don't have to go to meetings if you don't want.
You don't have to buy tapes or books.

And the products are the same price that you would pay anywhere. Infact, when I go shopping online at Bass Pro Shops, it is the Bass Pro Shops website that I shop at. The same one anyone would use. So, the prices are what you would pay in the stores. But now there's no need to go to the stores anymore. The best part is, you can get paid for doing it.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck...

You sell stuff and get people to sign up under you on the pyramid, and they sell stuff so you make money. It's Amway repackaged, no matter how much they try to claim it isn't.

I've been through all the presentations, meetings, etc. How many of the people in TOD make enough money to think about quitting their jobs, but don't do everything I mentioned?

The online shopping kickback is the ONE good thing I saw with TOD. Not enough to pay the annual dues, unfortunately.

Best Regards,
Byron

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Byron,

Your right, it is just another version of any other "team" out there.
Although - in a "pyramid" the money flows to the top. In TOD the money flows to the people that work at it. Therefore, you can make more money than the people above you.
If you actually sit and listen to the business plan with an open mind, and be willing to do a little work that could pay off in the longrun, it can work for anyone.

Annual dues?? $30......
COSTO - $40 or more

and Costco doesn't pay you to shop there....do they??

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
It sounds like you've convinced yourself, so all anyone can say is Good Luck. I have known many people who have got involved, and subsequently tried to get me involved, in "the fastest growing internet business...blablabla..." and sooner or later, there right back where they started minus the initial investment... Hope this one is different and you can do as your signature suggests...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Oh believe me trout by Sunday night all of his friends and relatives will be on a list. I know because unfortunately I've been on a few. You know you're in trouble when you get the old " hey would you mind if we stop by saturday night. We have an opportunity we think you would really be interested in."

I even got approached once while I was looking at rope at the Home Depot . Turns out the guys wife recognized my wife as a former classmate. He walks up to me and says of all things "what would you use a rope like that for?" For some reason I don't think they lasted long.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
My uncle got taken on this mess. You will lose more respect from your freinds by bugging them to get into the same mess your about to get into. Shut it down before you lose any money.
Want to make some real money buy some land/ houses sit on them 5 years.

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
Lunker is right, Realestate is still one of the safest investments in the country. Folks will always need houses, and if you build a quality home, you will never loose money on it.(as long as you don't trash it). The housing industry is probably the only thing saving our country from going down the crapper.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Orin Woodward sounds familiar doesn't it.

Great guy. He is rich to. Makes a lot of money doing motivational speaking for businesses other than quixtar. Go ahead and ask your up-line the percentage of his income that comes from selling tapes and books compared to actual internet revenue. Never mind don't ask that question you will never get a straight answer. How much is tape of the week costing these days. Or how about book of the month. How much is the monthly seminar now, over $25 yet. Oops almost forget Tuesday nights $5.

Here is a good question: Of all the people that joined quixtar, err I mean TOD how many are making more than say $5000 a year. Of course I mean $5000 after all the tapes, books, ditto delivery and anything else you buy at an inflated price, Tuesday night meetings, monthly seminars, bi annual seminar(probably a couple hundred bones), and finally your...........FRIENDS.

Sparetime in no way would I put you down. It takes a very very special person to get rich or even match your income this way. You might be just that guy. But if you had the figures you would probably find that you have a better chance on making the same kind of money applynig your focused energy starting any other kind of business. You may be a shinning star and this will work out for you. But at least fully understand what you are getting into before approaching people. You may find things out later that you regret but sometimes it is well after you get many of your friends involved. If you ask questions and they will not give you the answers you need. Than turn away. One last thing. Whatever you do. Do not make a list naming all of your family and the names of everyone you know. If for what ever reason you decide to walk away they will have that list and contact all of those people and say they got their name from you.

Good luck and ask a lot of questions if you do not understand something.

Doctor

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
if its what you want go for it but for me my time was more valuable than the system. to get rich on this thing you have to work and work hard every day. i will say they have some nice products but i don't want to be a dealer to buy them. put the stuff in the store and i will buy it but tell me i need to buy a starter kit better get out of my place before i give ya a starter kit of bird shot in the rear. amway is so great but he owns car dealerships and many other things besides amway? makes me wonder

·
Registered
7,939 Posts
Over here in Ada Township (home of Amway, Alticor, Quixtar, whatever), there are alot of very, very, very rich people. Before you get into something, think about how these people get so rich......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts