Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got ya !

The Encore name isn't going to be changed by T/C. I just think that I'm going to have to change the name of my rifle.
I hunt with an Encore 50 cal. muzzleloader only. I've always liked this rifle, but have never been happy with the factory trigger pull. I contacted a brother in law who works for Dick's Sporting Goods and asked him if he knew where I could get a trigger job done. He recommended Mike Bellm, in Oregon.
After checking out the Bellm web site and making a phone call, I disassembled my rifle and sent the frame to Bellm PER EXACT INSTRUCTIONS. I sent it UPS on Dec. 28th and received it back two days ago. I asked to have the factory trigger pull of 7# reduced to 2 1/2# and also requested a 1X hinge pin.
WOW ! I knew that I'd get a much better trigger than was the original, but I never expected to have such a great trigger job.
The trigger breaks at 2 1/2#, is crisp with no over travel. I've got a couple rifles with good triggers, one which has a Timney. But, this is one of the finest trigger jobs that I've ever had my finger on.
I have my own, very expensive, push/pull force guage. This trigger has just a steady pressure to 2 1/2# and it breaks. Virtually no over travel.
Before I installed the 1X hinge pin, I reinstalled the factory pin. I then checked out the rifle for any movement or wobble. I had never noticed before, but I could feel movement. Then I installed the 1X hinge pin. There was no movement what so ever!
This rifle has always shot very consistent groups of 1 1/2" with the 7# pull. I certainly expect to see my groups tighten up.
I highly recommend, that if you shoot an Encore, rather a muzzleloader or centerfire, that you check out Mike's web site.
The complete trigger job cost me $123. It was worth every penny that I spent.
Here's Mike Bellm's web site. Encore shooters might want to check it out.
http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Did my own with Bellm's parts - every T/C shooter should get the oversized pin and extra power locking lug spring.

I have a couple sets of springs and sears for the Encore - my benchrest setup is a hair under 1 lb and still safe.

Mike's forums are a wealth of info for us T/C nuts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same results here. I did my own trigger job with Mike Bellms premium trigger job kit and also the 1x hinge pin, heavy locking bolt lugs and the 51# hammer spring to speed up the lock time. This kit is not listed in the store yet but if you call and ask they have it and it comes with everything you need including the tools and instructions. Another site to checkout is David Whites. He removed the QLA and recrowned my encore muzzleloader which put the finishing touches on the accuracy. You can link to his page through Bellms or go to http://www.precisionrifleworks.com Between the two of them my encore is now a tack driver. Dealing with both of them has been great.

Frank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts