Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waited out the storms and hit the channel around 8:15 with Sheila. Met Dave at the dock for some last minute BS then the weights got sent to the bottom. We worked the area that produced the day before and low and behold nothing but a few arches on the screen. Took us about 45 minutes to put a walleye in the boat. Sheila thought we were bass fishing as she kept landing smallies with one being close to 18". Pulled up near Dave and he wasn't doing any good either. 10:30 Dave pulls along to tell me he's done for the night just as I'm pulling only our second walleye. Finally the walleye started to feed around 10:40. Sheila lost one and last pass she boated a 26 1/2" and I backed it right up with a 23, the weed made almost impossible to fish at the end. We quit around 11:45 with 5 fish all caught on raps 30 and 20 foot leads. Here's her brute she landed with Dad on the net.

·
Master Angler
647 Posts
Way to go, that looks like one happy camper there, plus it's always a good feeling to upstage the "old man". Congrats:lol:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Last night was tough , did pickup 4 shorties, one was 9" or so. Don't think I had 50 total inches between em. Couple bruiser smallmouths , sheephead and a few rock bass. Weeds everywhere. Larry , my rig might be down for a bit. High temp alarm on the way back to the launch , just south of the bridge , motor throttled down to idle to save itself. Probably water pump, be looking into it soon.:rant:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You may of wrapped a bunch of weeds around the intake screen. We got packed up a couple times where I had to toss it in reverse to clear the prop. There was some BIG weed mats coming down, I could barely pull in my line a couple times. I found somebody's custom painted rap on my prop when I pull the boat out. :)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
actually , I think it was , it was on my kicker . wasn't a great custom. should have had about 5' of line on it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good Morning guys. Slow night of fishing for me, had one 17'' or 18'' small mouth bass off the get go. Lost a possible small walleye and at the last moment I hooked up on to the big one.:D

Great job with the net dad.;)

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
actually , I think it was , it was on my kicker . wasn't a great custom. should have had about 5' of line on it
It took a beating but the bill is not damaged but lost half the paint can't tell but looks like a few feet of line all twisted up. Whats the odds on me running it over out there? :dizzy: I lost that small spoon opn my kicker when I hooked up with what felt like a rope of some sort, I was making ground on it then the lead let loose. Mark I'm up to 3 trips and no hooks sticking in my skin. WINNING!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Here's the bounty pic 17 3/4", 22 3/4", 26 1/2", and a pair of 20 inchers. Rap colors were perch, blue/silver and black/silver anything that we had that was kinda natural seem to work. I tried a fire tiger and a hot tiger got nothing. I'm warming up to this wire pulling thingy :bouncy:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Nice catch larry, sounds like I should have stuck it out a little longer. I did have a bonus though. Even though they were both undersized, it's the second time out in a row I pulled a double header, both at 13". Last time out it was one at 19" and the other at 23".:D

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think have one more trip and then I'm done for a couple weeks until I get that Lansing job done. Let me know if and when you can get out and we'll see if we can bottom bounce a few fish out of Ecorse this week. We'll see if I can still find the fish up there, handlining has taken control and haven't been bouncing but twice this year. Who said handlining is addicting?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts