Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been looking at the quick look map link (parking) for the Saginaw River and some of those parking spots seem out dated (Old Hooters ...) Are all of those spots still okay to use? I'm thinking I would like to try in downtown Saginaw tomorrow. Never fished the river before and I would like this to be a good experience overall. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

· Registered
691 Posts
Havent been out from the old Hooters this year.. ive heard someone say that they posted it as no parking, but thats only second hand info. Theres no need to worry about finding a place to park in downtown/oldtown saginaw. In many places you can park right on the side of Niagra st (westside, parallels the river.) There is also good access at Ojibway island, Wickes park, Lee St. Boat launch, and nearly any other side street (most allow curb side parking) There is also good access off of 1st street on the north east side of town, and at the end of Shattuck rd if your looking at going a little north of town. If your not from Saginaw, let me give ya a friendly piece of advice.. Its best to park with the group, and NEVER leave anything valuable in your auto. The cold temps do seem to keep most of the unscrupulous people inside, but its not worth chancing it.

· Registered
1,762 Posts
Finding a spot to park should be fairly easy. Anywhere along m-13 from wickes park (east side of river) north all the way past zillwaulkee bridge (road is closed up farther) just look for cars parked. There are spots on west side of river too. The river will be packed this weekend, should be fun, good luck.

· Registered
444 Posts
the old hooter was roped of the last I saw but there are a ton of places to park coming from southern Mi get off at the zillwaukee exit and turn right off the ramp and go to tibbitawasse rd turn left and go to dead end turn right one block and turn into zillwaukee boat launch good parking there for sure.

· Registered
242 Posts
If you are interested in fishing at the Old Hooter in Saginaw, there is a small park with parking on the East Side of the River just across from "Hooters".
To get to it take Atwater St. West form Washington (M-13). It deadends at the parking area. About a 100'-150' walk to the River. Atwater is the first Street North of the USPS Building at Holland and Washington Aves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.