Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched out of the east side and set up in 12’ of water. Caught an eye right away and while I was unhooking it I looked up to check my other two boards and saw this come shooting out of the water, then my outside board went flying back. Took about a half hour but I got it in! Ended up with five 16”-20” eyes as well. Not bad for a couple hour trip.

Sky Water Fisherman Fish Outdoor recreation

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
786 Posts
Nice catch! Awesome sight seeing boards go rippin backwards. Had to be a riot on walleye gear. Wish we had more of em over on our side.... just taking time. Can't wait to make my west side silver fish run next weekend. Nothin better than screaming drags.... Congrats!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice catch! Awesome sight seeing boards go rippin backwards. Had to be a riot on walleye gear. Wish we had more of em over on our side.... just taking time. Can't wait to make my west side silver fish run next weekend. Nothin better than screaming drags.... Congrats!
I honestly didn’t think I would get it in at first. Made a few hard runs but mostly just jetted side to side. Such a fast fish.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Launched out of the east side and set up in 12’ of water. Caught an eye right away and while I was unhooking it I looked up to check my other two boards and saw this come shooting out of the water, then my outside board went flying back. Took about a half hour but I got it in! Ended up with five 16”-20” eyes as well. Not bad for a couple hour trip.

View attachment 831781

Fire up the grill!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That looks dang tasty Adam! Nice fish. More silver being caught each spring in the bay.
Thanks, Ralph. Turned out pretty dang good for my first attempt at smoked fish. I’d be okay with getting a few more every year without having to drive to the west side. Definitely a fun fish to fight.

·
Premium Member
31,158 Posts
Thanks, Ralph. Turned out pretty dang good for my first attempt at smoked fish. I’d be okay with getting a few more every year without having to drive to the west side. Definitely a fun fish to fight.

I could hook you up with some salmon to practice on, just save me some to try. 😀

1 - 16 of 16 Posts