Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never shared pictures before so here is my first attempt. Anyway, I think that I have some bad genetics by me because this is about the third year in a row that we have been seeing six point bucks with no brow tines. I am thinking it is time to get them out of the area.

·
Premium Member
7,701 Posts
Great job on the shots. Obviously a homebrew camera, P41, S40, P32 or another ?
The shots look great.....;)

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Nice looking pics, thanks for sharing.

I think that I have some bad genetics by me because this is about the third year in a row that we have been seeing six point bucks with no brow tines. I am thinking it is time to get them out of the area.
Not to be a smart a** or anything but good luck trying to create much change in the genetics of a wild herd.

If it is truly a local genetic trait I would focus on taking out does as opposed to bucks. Does tend to be more "local" and since they live more than a year or two (which is more than most bucks do in Michigan) they are likely to be prime contributors to a localized repetitive genetic trait.

Bucks only tend to live for a breeding season or two (maybe three if they're sneaky) in our state so if just taking out bucks was going to cure your problem it would already have been cured naturally.

In the end, do whatever you want because that's what matters. Good luck this season, nothing compliments a trail cam picture better than a hero shot too match!! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 6 of 6 Posts