Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going here in Feb, can anyone tell me about this ranch, is the hunting at least somewhat fun or is it a petting zoo?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I live down the road from this place. I believe you can make the hunt as much of a "hunt" as you want. For instance while taking a friend by the other day we watched them shoot 2 hogs they had corned in the fence.

What are you hunting? The only thing I have seen in there that are somewhat wild are the fallow deer, there pretty skitish. Remeber too that that pen is not very large approx. 400 acres with a couple smaller pens inside it.

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
A couple of years ago, they were offering cow buffalo hunts for $400. I came close to doing it. I didn't care about the "hunt", for all I cared, let me walk up to the animal and dispatch it quickly, all I wanted was the meat! If that is still the price, I would still consider it. $400 for a couple hundred #'s of buffalo meat is far, far cheaper than market value.
I've seen Buffalo, Elk, Deer, Fallow Deer and pigs in there, used to live jsut east of there. Used to hunt 80 acres bordering the east line of the cattle operation.

·
Registered
11,452 Posts
The best thing they had going here was the Ichiban Rodeo, rode broncs and bulls there untill gravity and age caught up with me. These kinds of hunts are not for me, but I know that Les Gemmen and Co. will give you a good hunt.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i wanted to go their im saving my $ so i can go take an elk! my uncle was their 2 time already this year i can try to get more info!

:bowdown: Mathews Solocam Catch us if you can!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts