Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to see how people did on sunday fishing,are the hogs in yet?Also wanted to see if the ice was still good to go?Hopefully that rain stays away for tuesday!!Any input would be appreciated.

GOOD FISHING TO ALL!!!

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
The fishing has been slow at fair haven and it looks like it will be until the pressure drops maybe monday will be good if you dont mind the rain. we had 12 to16" of ice Saturday lots of trucks and cars a mile out at fair haven. but the ramp is becoming a mess.
I won't drive out again this year as the warm weather is starting to honeycoomb the ice. and I would hate to pay the towing bill to get my van out of the lake I also don't want to have to pay the fine for polluting the lake.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
wasnt there a car that dropped thru the ice close to the ramp in fairhaven friday?? thought i heard ice fishin nut talkin to someone about it..... i would much rather walk then even think about payin the bill for polluting the lake.... ;)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Its all getting soft even though its still the same thickness. I've been fishing the same area out of Fair Haven for a couple week now....and I used to get 3/4 way thru making the hole with the auger and had to take a break before finishing. Well....friday I cut two holes back to back non stop without having to take a rest. The auger just plain "smoked" thru it compared to the week before. Its all getting soft even though its still the same thickness....my foot sunk in 6 inches in a couple spots today too....lookout after this upcoming rain

1 - 4 of 4 Posts