Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WAS HUNTING GRASSY ISLAND SUNDAY MORNING WITHOUT A SINGLE BIRD OVER THE DEKES. SOMEBODY WAS DOING ALLOT OF SHOOTING DOWN AROUND SELFRIDGE AND STRAWBERRY. JUST WONEDERING WHAT THEY WERE SHOOTING AT.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Was sitting in front of Metro Sun AM. Heard a lot of shots coming from that ways as well. Also saw a guy on the point at Metro who seemed to be getting some birds. Me, I suffered the same agony you experianced. NOTHING. Saw a few small flocks out in the bay and lake. Nothing my way. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
how you guys doing in that area ? I was out there in the layout a couple weeks ago and did pretty well. I was thinking of getting out tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE BETTER WITH THE COLD WEATHER. LAST SUNDAY WE SAW ALLOT OF BIRDS FLYING ALONG THE NEW BALTIMORE AREA. UP AROUND DECKERS AND OUT TO GRASS ISLAND ALLOT OF BUFFLEHEADS IN SMALL GROUPS. HEADING NORTH FOR THE WEEKEND PUT WILL BACK OUT THERE NEXT MONDAY SO LEAVE A FEW FOR ME.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I went out through the Black Creek at Metro Monday at 3:45PM and all I saw from the mouth of the creek over towards the Middle chanel was birds! Somebody already had the point at Metro, so I tried to set up in the open water in front of the Black Creek. Through out a couple of diver dekes and anchored. By the time I had my gun loaded and waiting, the dekes were already about 40 yards from where I droped them on thier way to Anchor Bay. Thats all it took for me. Picked up and went home one big Ice Cube. I tried to leave work earlier to get out to Goose bay. Just couldn't make it happen. I wonder if they got any shooting out that way. Hopefully they stick around for a few days. Planning Thanksgiving in the marsh agian this year. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GOOD LUCK OVER THE WEEKEND, AND IF YOU COULD LET ME KNOW SUNDAY NIGHT HOW YOU DID AS I'M GOING OUT MONDAY MORNING.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts