Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Good job spanks. We got ours today a little shallower that we have been running.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Nice fish guys , we to got our limit of 14 and a pike today before noon..It was a little choppy today.

·
Registered
8,811 Posts
Nice job out there everyone. I finally got an entire weekend off work and fished both days. We pulled our three man limit yesterday and tossed back a couple more keepers. Today we put a four man limit in in 2 hrs 15 mins. Kept throwing fish back to extend our trip. Fished another 45 minutes and caught another 10 keepers. We were choosey about the ones we kept and ended up with a really nice box of fish again. 8 rods was a handful and several times we only had a couple in the water. Everything came on 3/8 oz. Rattle Tots 75' back both days. Heres what worked...might not recognize the names because theyre dock names from my old charter days. But anyhow...Purple Scale, Purple Tuxedo, Metalic Blue Tiger, Blue Tuxedo, Metallic Rainbow, Metallic Perch, Red Tuxedo, Blue Tuxedo, Blue Squash, Pinconning Paralyzer all took fish. Fished 18' outta Linwood. 2.2-2.4 SOG was best although going into the waves today kicking it up to 2.5-2.6 made the difference in getting bit or not for us. Caught some monster sheepshead as well. Had three 25, 26,27"ers. Gorgeous weather, was great to be out again. Good luck out there.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Nice job boys!! ;) wish i wouldnt of slept in on my one day off... Lol i was pooped after getting home at 230 am last night.. Oh well keep on em boys!! Maybe next weekend we can make something happen! Tight lines

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Good job on the eye's everyone. What a great fishery we have here in our backyard! Adam bomb... It's good to here the eye's coming on the rattle tots. I have got to get back to fishing them. My boats a mess after a month on the bay fishing walleyes. Headed back with the boat to Winthrop harbor in northern Illinois this morning where I work to finish the rest of the year chasing salmon. Limits for all and good fishin!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Fished north of Adam up by 1 & 2 didn't do as well, we ended up with 3 on harness's, all we could do was drift. We used 2 oz bb and not particular color stood out.

·
Registered
8,811 Posts
Good job on the eye's everyone. What a great fishery we have here in our backyard! Adam bomb... It's good to here the eye's coming on the rattle tots. I have got to get back to fishing them. My boats a mess after a month on the bay fishing walleyes. Headed back with the boat to Winthrop harbor in northern Illinois this morning where I work to finish the rest of the year chasing salmon. Limits for all and good fishin!
Yeah, they are definitely working well and taking nice fish to boot. Not nearly as many small fish pulling the cranks as with the worms. Had pretty much a box of 2-3# fish with a few smaller and one solid 4#er. Seems to be a presentation that was the gold standard with uncountable and ever increasing custom colors that were franks exclusives. Seemed to all go away with the crawler harness craze. Admittedly i got away from them more than i should. This weekend made me remember why i own 500 of these things. They flat out catch fish. Still a shame that with the Rapala buy out the rattle tot got cut from the line. One of the best walleye cranks ever made in my view. Glad i have oddles of them. Have fun on the west side. I cant wait to get over there. Theyre already thrashin them!!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Mike and Waz went out this morning and got 9 it got a little rough for them and they called it. View attachment 18755 will upload more later.

Nice job no slack went back out also they got 9 too!

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
IT WAS ANOTHER SMACKDOWN THIS WEEKEND ...JUST AMAZING.MIGHT HAVE A FEW MORE WEEKSOF SOME GOOD ACTION:DWILL POST SOME PICS .TOMMOROW...SPANKIN:fish::fish::fish::fish:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts