Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all a buddy of mine and I went out this morning jigging down near marine city and we did pretty well we ended the day with 11 nice size walleye in the box and lost a few others near the surface.. I normaly dont do much spring walleye fishing because of the weather being so cold out and the size of the fish we caught today was really nice.. I havent been out this time of year in a long time other than for salmon..

I wanted to thank Hotwired for those jigs of his, those caught all the fish I caught today and my buddy was switching up colors to diffrent jigs and was doing great as well, the bite was pretty good today not super hot but pretty good.. It's not as hot as the Detroit river.. Hotwired I may need to get a few more of them from you.. Cya Slick

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir it nice to have a good day on the water with good friends, I did not have high hopes for today because of all the negative reports I was getting but it turned out to be a great day on the water even tho any day away from work is a great day on the water.. Cya Slick

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hotwired from the website makes then and no they where not Gulp but it is a new jig for me to try today and it worked great. Cya Slick

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Great job there Slick and good to see you getting out on the water....I like seeing all those limits you get up there on the river....Keep them coming!!!;)

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Nice job Slick.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Nice going Slick.
I fished south of MC with the same color jig and real night crawlers; filled the boat in a few passes and then the wind pick up.

Walleye Magnet

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
That's all I have to say about that.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Good job Brent.

That really makes me want to get the boat uncovered.

I had to go to a First Communion party on Sunday. Never did make it out there.

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gone Fishing said:
Good Job Slick! I don't think I've ever seen a jigging report from you. :)
your right John you normally dont see a jigging report from me because the weather is normally cold this time of year and the boat normally is not pulled out of storage until the first week in may.. There is like a two week window after that until the water is is warm enough that I can start pulling harnesses but this year is a little diffrent, the water temp I seen yesterday was 40 & 41..

I talked to Kevin yesterday and he said the Detroit river is warmer than we are at the moment but I think things are going to start popping here pretty quick..

Hey Larry I was wondering if you made it out or not, I am surprised I have not heard any one talking about the 60 or so boats that where out near Algonac.. When I heard there where so many boats out there I was like man oh man I was glad there was no one fishing around me.. We did have one boat come by and give the spot I was fishing a try but he left after one pass, I take it he must have seen our net come down because he got right behind me.. Cya Slick

PS..This catch would have made a real nice weigh in for the tournament on June 3rd, I hope they stick around for awhile LOL

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Nice job Brent.
I tried trolling harnesses on the DR. No luck. I'm gonna come up to the SCR and get a tutorial one of these weekends.

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No problem and I did find one ice fishing pole for you and about them bouncers, you can stop at the LSCWA meeting they sell them there because I dont have a big enough of a order to bring this guy back up to this area so come by the meeting and you can pick some up there..Cya Slick

PS..When the water get to 50 pulling harness really takes off

·
Registered
147 Posts
Slick catch Slick, what time of day were you guys out? It would be nice to know you can be productive with the sun on your face. Still a little cold for me in the wee hours.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts