Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Sunday morning blues

968 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  ICEGUY 
#1 ·
Well after getting limits fri and sat. I was very anxious to go this morning...1st bud on time 5:50am second bud calls 6:10am saying just leaving house, he lives in Yale up by pt huron. Well we decided to wait. Next time as I read in another thread, "We are leaving at 6:00am with or without you!"" Upper river, biggest yesterday was 25-26 inches or so (put back) .....fish are snappin!!! spoons, black dark colors. tightlinesyall

#6 ·
and bought me and kev lunch after fishing. We got another 18 limit this morning, off before noon. spoons dark colors (black and purple did best), but did get a few on clown. Fishing for me is going very well, with 18 fri, 18 sat and 18 today. It will be hard to beat this year. tightlinesyall

#7 ·
Limits on Friday, Sat, and Sunday. Saturday was the slowest. Friday was an hour and this morning just under one hour. Mostly on size #7 Rapalas. Chartruse rapalas on Friday, a mix of Raps and spoons on Saturday, and only one Rapala produced all of my fish for Sunday.

Yes, the upper river is producing.

#9 ·
Saturday must have been 100 plus jigging boats to about 4 wire-liners in the area in front of the Sand Piles. Sunday did not have as many jiggers out there and there were more guys pulling wire.

I talked to several guys who were at the Walleye Association weigh-in today and it was interesting that some of them had great luck both Saturday and Sunday while jigging. Then there were those who had good luck one day and not the other while the opposite for another guy. Just interesting the way that goes.

#10 ·
The jiggin bite is still going strong. Administered some jaw breaking hook sets this morning. Fished the upper river this morning, Canadian side. Anything that resembled a worm was fair game down there. Lotta fun when you know they are snapping at it. Kinda load up the wrist and drive it home. Its a fettish I have, must admit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.