Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at St.Jean this morning 6am and headed out into the lake. I took sureshoots advise and "adapted" to the changing conditions on the lake. Tried some different tactics, and locations, and also used my go to crawler harness too. Ended the morning about 10:45 with our 3 man and threw a couple larger fish back to grow up. Most fish were between 17-19". Had half dozen over 23" too.

Also caught 2 smallmouth and kept 8 perch. 5 of the perch were scarred on the side. I wonder what could have done that?

And not a single musky this morning. Yeah!!!!

·
Super Moderator
37,237 Posts
Nice job. Glad to hear a good report.

What worked this time? I'm sure many are curious. Understood if you'd rather not give details.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We fished the lake. Fished around the dumping grounds. Lots of work with the weeds, but that seemed to be where the fish were hiding. Water was very clean (which I don't like) and the weed growth is getting up there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Launched at St.Jean this morning 6am and headed out into the lake. I took sureshoots advise and "adapted" to the changing conditions on the lake. Tried some different tactics, and locations, and also used my go to crawler harness too. Ended the morning about 10:45 with our 3 man and threw a couple larger fish back to grow up. Most fish were between 17-19". Had half dozen over 23" too.

Also caught 2 smallmouth and kept 8 perch. 5 of the perch were scarred on the side. I wonder what could have done that?

And not a single musky this morning. Yeah!!!!

Thank heavens. After my last few trips, I thought it was over but the shouting.

They must have just moved in or through the past few days. Were they spread out or concentrated on one spot?

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Good job on the Feesh Ted, I knew you could get it done.......

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Definitely small pockets. No half mile troll with fish all along. Weeds were the key and keeping the baits clean. It was a lot of work checking and cleaning lines. Yes the Smerch were in the area as well. We did pull a lamprey off one of the fish and hooked it to the bottom bouncer. It caught a walleye and 2 nice perch.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts