Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the weather report is now saying less rain and done raining by 4 AM. I'm guessing the river will rage eventually, but for those that know the system the best: do you believe the river will be fishable in the morning tomorrow?

I'm not asking about spots, but I'm travelling 1.5 hours and just curious of opinions on how high the river will get from tonight's rain.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
My guess is that it will be fine. If there is some local rain it might get a little stained from direct run off but the water from the south (Shi, Flint, etc.) usually takes a day or two to get there and unless we get a fair amount it may do very little. I'm near the Shi and it is very low right now.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Fishable no doubt! Even if we get enough rain takes a while to get into the system I plan to be on the river also tomorrow but will be afternoon.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Every weather report is different I just looked mine accuweather says an inch of rain that might be bad lol but again takes some time to really mess the river up. Sorry should have looked first.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No need for Minnows

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
;) If I must posture to suffice this comment, I rarely use minnows. I have put more than my share of walleye in the boat. But...... it is nice to have them from time to time and I also was fishing with my 8 year old. If the bite was helped by some live bait, my ultimate goal is for him to experience the full experience of jigging and landing his own fish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts