Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how did everyone do today? We didn't boat any, fished from Hooters in Sag. to north of the Z-bridge. Marked tons of fish up river with only a few bumps. I will be out in Bay City this week after work, I'll ya posted on my findings.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Same for us. My report would read just like yours. From The Z down to hooters,...couple bumps, couple scales....thats it. Saw 1 keeper boated all afternoon.

But how about that weather!

·
Registered
532 Posts
fished a couple hours on sunday with my son (feet got cold quick). Started to launch at rust street and noticed we forgot poles and tackle…go get them…launch. The battery is dead after being on the charger all night. The one-stop bait shop (awsome guy) let me start the motor with one of his batteries.

Trolled up to the titt. really slow with a bunch of different lures. The river is very dirty, wet lines meant dirty lures. Kept picking up grass, leaves and such. Forgot my other tackle box with the beads. A bead a couple feet infront of the lures would have been nice.

Oh, well. Next time.

sean

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
scottyhoover said:
Same for us. My report would read just like yours. From The Z down to hooters,...couple bumps, couple scales....thats it. Saw 1 keeper boated all afternoon.

But how about that weather!
We still going Wed. Scotty? Rick and a friend went up to Sag. just for a ride to check things out from the truck and didn't see any fish boated and no one was at the split.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I fished the Titt. on Thursday from shore in Freeland and managed a 22" and lost a nice one. Friday fished out of my boat up in Midland on the Titt. and caught a 18". Very slow bite. Current was strong and it water was dirty. Good Luck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not going out today with this weather, but here is the report from last night from Layfayette bridge to Liberty no keepers. Had 1 strong hit and threw back a few. Anyone heading out in the Bay this weekend (weather/ ice) permitting?

·
Registered
382 Posts
bluekim7 said:
I fished the Titt. on Thursday from shore in Freeland and managed a 22" and lost a nice one. Friday fished out of my boat up in Midland on the Titt. and caught a 18". Very slow bite. Current was strong and it water was dirty. Good Luck.

Hey blue,
Is there any good places to fish from shore in feeland, I used to fish some small park, by the mouth where sag and titt come together?

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Scotty!!! SCOTTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there's an omission in the 'shiver on the river' standings....of the 31 listed i don't see Scott Hoover as one of them, did you want me to call the tournament director and inform him of his mistake?:evilsmile

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
shametamer - that's cold. :p :whistle: :coolgleam

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
This walleye fishing stuff is really starting to suck. We have fished like 5-6 days since the tourny started and only managed 5 keepers so far and nothing over 17inches. I lost one really nice fish last nite and one really nice fish tonite:rant: . I really hate to say it but I miss the ice 6 miles out on the bay. Weare heading north in search for the eyes on saturday but probably be back on the ole sagnasty on sunday. Maybe see some of you guys down there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts