Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those traveling the bay: We went out of Sunset last Fri / Sat, skipped Sunday (sry scott). We switched up our normal program due to conditions. We skipped the early early bite and the late late bite for gators. This really helped the safety factor traveling out at sun up w/ good light and breaking down at 430/5 making it in before darkness. We passed the last 3 mile crack just as the sun was setting. Sure helped reduce the pucker factor. We had 3 machines running Saturday, 2 GPS went down, please remember them compasses, **** it felt like I was driving in circles but matt's gps was still on track.
Quad is staying home the rest of the year! Sled is also safer. Gluck and stay safe all!
PS: As for the fishing........well sure has been dandy. Moonshine bloody nose and raps did the trick, 29 ft, 9 miles out.

· Premium Member
7,453 Posts
For those traveling the bay: We went out of Sunset last Fri / Sat, skipped Sunday (sry scott). We switched up our normal program due to conditions. We skipped the early early bite and the late late bite for gators. This really helped the safety factor traveling out at sun up w/ good light and breaking down at 430/5 making it in before darkness. We passed the last 3 mile crack just as the sun was setting. Sure helped reduce the pucker factor. We had 3 machines running Saturday, 2 GPS went down, please remember them compasses, **** it felt like I was driving in circles but matt's gps was still on track.
Quad is staying home the rest of the year! Sled is also safer. Gluck and stay safe all!
PS: As for the fishing........well sure has been dandy. Moonshine bloody nose and raps did the trick, 29 ft, 9 miles out.
What happened to the 2 GPS units?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,886 Posts
If memory serves me. It hooks direct to the battery tender I have hooked up on my quad.
Then attatch the Powerlet
And my handheld unit has cigarette adapter.
Works like a charm
Glad to help!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Here is my idea of safety. Most people go from Linwood, state park or Thomas road. we can put a sign in these areas saying CONVOY leaving every 15 minutes to the hour, like 7, 7:15, 7:30, and 7:45 and so on. newbies, solos, and other folks can line up by the sign and all go together to fishing areas. they can also do the same for coming back like meeting at certain gps coordinates.

· Registered
1,331 Posts
I like the idea. I thought about this before too and was thinking every 30 minutes for a chance of getting a little bigger groups going out. Also gives everyone a chance to **** chat with others and pass info on before heading out. I plan on going out Saturday and will be looking Friday to hook up with a small group from somewhere safe.

· Premium Member
4,885 Posts
I like the idea. I thought about this before too and was thinking every 30 minutes for a chance of getting a little bigger groups going out. Also gives everyone a chance to **** chat with others and pass info on before heading out. I plan on going out Saturday and will be looking Friday to hook up with a small group from somewhere safe.
Maybe for later in the day, 30 minutes is ok. if I am ready at 7:05, I do not think I want to wait until 7:30. you get more people going out earlier too. question is how can we make it happen and make sure everyone knows about it? good thing is no need to PM here looking for partners. and I bet you if we do it this way, everyone is going to comeback safe. God forbid, if 1st guy goes for a drink, there are bunch of guys behind him to pull him out. no need to call your mom, your wife, your friend, CG, sheriff just in case you forget to call 911.

· Registered
2,741 Posts
Here is my idea of safety. Most people go from Linwood, state park or Thomas road. we can put a sign in these areas saying CONVOY leaving every 15 minutes to the hour, like 7, 7:15, 7:30, and 7:45 and so on. newbies, solos, and other folks can line up by the sign and all go together to fishing areas. they can also do the same for coming back like meeting at certain gps coordinates.
Good ideas like this qualify you for "Ol' Timer" status. Great idea btw

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,255 Posts
Back in early 2000 we would roll out with 10 to 15 machines out to the bay, but as time went by now it was just me for the longest time, so I switched to shallow water perch. Last couple of years picked up a young guy from work to head out with. Still only 2 of us but when we get fish the numbers increase. .lol..But I like the idea of big groups heading out alot less worries and more machines if someone does break down. .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.