Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
sorry to be asking but what is "OMER"? i also want to catch suckers do they run through rivers?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Omer is the sucker capital of Michigan. It is located on US 23 just north of Standish. I hear tell they even have a Sucker Festival with a Sucker Queen (sure would like to meet her ) and a parade.:D

·
Registered
478 Posts
Went tuesday and hittem hard water was high. Went today water was low and didnt catch nearly as amny still quite a few to be had though

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am new to the website, but was just wondering if anyone fished the maple river for suckers on US 27 between St. Johns and Ithaca, and did any good.
I also hear that you guys do well in frankenmuth near the dam. If anyone could tell me how to get there from the birch run expo center I would greatly appreciate it.
If anyone else has done any good for suckers near St. Johns or ithaca I would greatly appreciate some info.:D

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm catching them daily on the Flint River. Crawler on a red hook. I stick the poles in the ground and put bells on the end of the rods. The kids love it.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
The Suckers are running pretty good - (at least in my spot) We fished for 3 hours and landed over 120 between the four of us. We used RED YARN.

after we were done we went down town to see what was shaken.

·
Registered
322 Posts
That looks like the same hole I fish every time I run up there. Last year I watched a guy catch a fish literally on every cast for almost an hour. I always use the yellow sponge, but I'm going to give the yarn a try. The place I'm fishing now on the Flint River near Flushing only allows you to use natural bait, which I assume is crawlers- that's what I've been using. I only got three this morning in an hour.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll be fishing Omer tomorrow myself- I don't know who I'll be with, but I'll have my Vizsla with me (I'll post a photo so you know what she looks like). Feel free to stop by and have a beer while we stare at the rod tips.

-Scott

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi field walker I fished the belle river last sat and caught about 30 in three hours, if you dont know where the belleriver is located it is just north of 32 mile road on gratiot.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Red Yarn...
we tie a treble hook to the end of the line, put two split shots about 10-12 inches up. Wrap the hook with red yarn, cast it up stream the it flow with the current. Repeat till you catch the suckers. You can use different colors, orange is always good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts