Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

421 - 440 of 441 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Damn, Hungry Or what! Full technicolor photos are always cool!
:lol: I have 3 boys, we go through food like crazy and we eat venison for almost all of our red meat, except for a hearty ribeye/porterhouse steak here and there. Add in an overpopulation of does and an itchy trigger finger....

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
:lol: I have 3 boys, we go through food like crazy and we eat venison for almost all of our red meat, except for a hearty ribeye/porterhouse steak here and there. Add in an overpopulation of does and an itchy trigger finger....
Doe population on the property I hunt is low in my opinion, saw more in two December evening sits than others combined. Not a lot of big girls either. Hopefully they are bigger and better this season. Congrats again!

Reactions: Ieatshrooms

·
Registered
15 Posts
^^ Muskegon County
10-25-2020 X-bow
MY CORONA DEER
first sight @7:50 pretty dark couldn’t make out how big, knew he was a bruiser though (big 8 maybe 10) chasing a doe 70yards out SE. grunted moved the doe off and he followed her right where I wanted him. Shot. Hit a tree branch, bolt ricocheted down and lumanock flew 30 feet backwards to the stand. Thought i completely missed. Waited 20 to get down and look. White hair and blood on the arrow we found broken but with no blood on the fletching 15 yards from the hit. Tracked him about 1/4 mile through pretty thick swamp, never lost blood. Walked up an him and he turned around ready to give myself, my dad, my daughter and her friend a few new holes in our body
so I got in front of the 2 daughters and backed out To go get my bow. (Dad stayed back to catch his breath and observe. Dead by the time I got back with my bow. Dad said he heard it crash 3 minutes after I walked away. WWWWHHHHOOOOOOOO
FAULTY SCALE READ 140, NEW SCALE FOR NEXT YEAR... 4X4 SYMMETRICAL, 4” BROW TINES, 20”OS
2A6284F7-A3C6-4C80-B49F-B5A0EDFEE9F8.jpeg

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Livingston County

Me: 10/3, 10/30, 11/11
Bear vertical

Me: 11/28, 12/28, 12/31, 1/1
Savage 220F

Jeff/Luke: 10/12, 11/15, 12/10, 12/31
Ravin crossbow

A couple of deer in the "bat cave" pic are from Luke's .450 and two are duplicates of my 12/28 and 12/31 does. Yeah, we butchered a lot of deer! ~$2000 worth...

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Got this 11 point this past hunting season Covid and all I had I was very weak hunting by myself I’ll never do that again thought was going to die out there.But I did get this nice 11 point off my property
That wasn't on opening day was it? I know a guy who heard what sounded like a sonic boom around mid day in Gladwin County and thought maybe one of your long range shots passed over him on an adjoining property. Another long range shot on that one?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
That wasn't on opening day was it? I know a guy who heard what sounded like a sonic boom around mid day in Gladwin County and thought maybe one of your long range shots passed over him on an adjoining property. Another long range shot on that one?
I shot him just afternoon on opening day I will not say how far he was because I do not have enough Band-Aids for the butt hurt people that will chime in . one shot one kill that was all I shot I could've took another nice buck but since he wasn't as many points I didn't shoot him he was wider longer tines but still not bigger than the one I shot as far as points one so I let him go. I think Qdmaman would be proud of me on that

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
I shot him just afternoon on opening day I will not say how far he was because I do not have enough Band-Aids for the butt hurt people that will chime in . one shot one kill that was all I shot I could've took another nice buck but since he wasn't as many points I didn't shoot him he was wider longer tines but still not bigger than the one I shot as far as points one so I let him go. I think Qdmaman would be proud of me on that
Well can you just say whether it was over or under 400 yards?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
If you know ur weapon, it can be done. One shot,one kill.i shot my buck at 250 yards thru a mature forest. 7 mag dropped him in his tracks. Jmo nice buck. Good shot

421 - 440 of 441 Posts