Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:yikes: SET OUT 16 SNARES LAST NIGHT AND ON MY 5TH TRAP I HAD THIS BEAUTY!
WHAT A GREAT FEELING TO HAVE THIS ON THE FIRST NIGHT

·
Registered
303 Posts
Way to go Big Fella, good to see you got "LUCKY", lol jk, looks like a good one.

DAN

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Congratulations!!! I can't wait to get my snares out there this weekend. Is that generally the success rate you see with your snares (1 out of 16)?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANKS GUYS I DONT HAVE A SCALE YET BUT IT WAS A PRETTY LARGE MALE. AS FAR AS SUCCESS GOES THERE IT IS ALL ABOUT LOCATION,LOCATION,LOCATION. THIS PARTICULAR SPO I AM TRAPPING IS BORDER LINE WAYNE AND WASTENAW COUNTY. I AM TRAPPING 14 ACRES WHICH IS BASICALLY A FUNNEL IN WHICH THEY CROSS A MAIN ROAD. THE HOME OWNER HAD 10 BARN CATS IN THE LAST YEAR COME UP MISSING AND SAID SHE HAS SEEN COYOTES WITHIN 50 YARDS OF HER HOUSE. ONE LESS AFTER LAST NIGHT!:bash:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Congrats on a great catch!! how 'bout some photos of your sets if at all possible--never saw a snare set in real life, just in diagrams and such.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Congratulations...thats gotta feel great to catch one on the first night :D

I am really anxious to hear how people do with the new Michigan snaring regs. Since the loops cant close less than 4-1/4", I think alot of coyote...and probably most of the fox, will escape. The fresh fox and coyote skulls I've measured were all smaller than 4-1/4".

But who knows, maybe the animals will fight the snare and never allow it to spring open (due to tension of pre-loading) and get their heads out. This is what I am anxious to hear about....when the reports start coming in.

HoytShooter4, heres a snare set I made over a yote track, and the animal I caught in it on the second night...

·
Registered
601 Posts
NC,
Thank-you for the photos, Seems like another interesting way to catch these critters. maybe i'll give it a try next year. Congrats on the yote!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts