Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunted this weekend,saturday on one farm all day,3 bucks seen,one 8 pt chasing a doe and vocal,2 smaller bucks nose to the ground around 11am no shots,called one close but hung up,still a good day non the less,Sunday hunted another one of my farms that i leave alone until this time of year and wow what a day,started out slow in the morning 1 nice buck spotted cruising the woods at 8:45am,come 12:30 all hell broke loose,see a doe running along the cut corn and stops and looks back,then she moves a little in the picked field and lays down flat,knowing that he"s coming,hear the grunting and hear he comes,he is grunting and looking were his gal is. tracks her to her spot after running around like crazy,pretty comical.and there off nice big eight pt on her heels,1:15pm look out in the cut field and 2 bucks are nose to the ground smelling were those 2 were smaller in stature 6 or 8pts basket racks off they go to find the source,would not respond to the can or grunts,3:10pm hear noise above me on the ridge,big buck sneaking down cannont tell how big his rack is, but 60 yards away,grunt and the can again,just look for a few and off he went,this told me the first doe or more in this area were in estrous,when this buck circled around to the picked corn and stood were the first doe layed down to hide from the first buck,because he started lifting up that nose and lipped curled for a good 2 minutes, can see that he looks to be a 12 pt, i try the calls again and nothing,so he proceeds to the woods im in and i lose sight of him,suprised that he doesn"t follow the scent,4:30 pm hear noise off the ridge again,another BUCK! looks to be a 8 or more big body but not a huge rack but still a shooter, try again!,can and grunt no dice,heads off down in the creek bottom,wow this is wild im thinking but no shots!!! 5:15 look out in the field and here comes the big 12pt again,so faced the call behind me and grunted twice,that finally did it!!.he" coming fast to my tree,gets 5 yard under me, wham!, both lungs hit,runs about 35 yrd in the field and drops,then the buck that followed him off the ridge runs up to him in the field and stands over him to see what the hecks going on with this deer in the field,after i knew he was a gonner i got down and the other buck decides to finally leave in a hurry,turns out he is a 11pt 201# dressed,will get a pic up soon,the rut here in western lenawee is going full blown know,uncle shot one on his farm sunday morning,half racked with 4 on one side chasing a doe at 11:00 am,so stay out all day if possible there running good.going to try to fill my last tag on a whopper seen on this place,by the farmer,and he does travel where i have my stands placed,tell by his cow tracks he is leaving,good luck out there guys!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Congrats! Look forward to seeing the pictures!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts