Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a yote! after 4 years of squat...got this male last night at about 50yds or so. responded to MP3 player with Cass Creek big horn speaker...started with a challenge call, then about 10 minutes of distress and was finishing with a challenge call when he showed up.
Feels good.
:D
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Good shoot'n rotty, real nice weapon also.

I have never gave the night time call'n a try yet, I know we need some of these coyotes thinned out around here though, I have seen more pups this year/this spring mostley, with anywhere from 4-8 pups running around at night in our National forest in different areas.

Jeff

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Nice yote and thanks for the pic. Is that a Bushmaster you are using?

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
How big you think that thing is? In the pic where the rifle is laying on it the thing looks huge in comparison!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, I think it is a pretty good size yote, Its almost as big as my 70# lab...I'm guessing around 40-50#
And the rifle I am unsing is one I built, It is a PWA lower with DPMS internals and a FN 16" upper.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Nice coyote it's all down hill after getting your first one. Most mature male coyotes will go 30 to 35 lbs. When you get one over 40lbs it's a big yote. There all legs and look alot bigger than they are.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Probably would have come in in about 6 weeks and then would be worth something.
the first one is worth alot chuck, no matter when it comes in, if you can remember,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, back 1,411 posts,
retract the fangs,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I know alot of people think its a waste, but they need thinned out, to many, all our other game would benifit if more coyotes were harvested.

I guess that is why they have the long season on them.

just my oppinion on it, for what it's worth.

Jeff

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good lookin dog there, pretty coat, will make a nice rug.

Man if I don't see a dog in 4 stands down here, I get to thinkin I may have to hang up the .223 ;)

Keep it up, It only gets better......

1 - 20 of 41 Posts