Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.............After a lot of hard work & a bunch of trips up to our U.P. Cabin my Dad had success on harvesting his first Black Bear. We both worked hard to start our bait sites as well as keeping them full. Dad was very excited by all of the activity and he could hardly sleep the night before. We silently approached the blind on opening day watching every step on the way in trying to avoid snapping any twiggs. We climbed in the blind at 3:30 PM and by 3:35 he had his bear! The best part was, I was right there with him! He made a great heart shot, and the bear dropped right within sight. We had it back to the truck before 4:00. Not a monster at 168 lbs. but my Dad was thrilled, and it will make a beautiful rug.

Attachments

·
Banned
189 Posts
congrats to you and your dad, way to go:)

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Isn't it funny how we can put hours, days, weeks, and even months into preparing for a hunt and though it only lasts about an hour (in this case) how much satisfaction and happiness it brings us. Great job on your success!

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Congrats to you and your dad Target :)

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
not that I know of.

I corrected it...... Nice catch.:lol:

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Congrats to you and your father George!! Hard work work really does payoff!!

Unless your Hunterhawk!! Sorry Craig!! That was not funny..

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys !!!

My Dad dragged me out into the bush when I was just a little snot........often times against my will. We would bird & rabbit hunt, cut wood, build deer blinds & just screw around. My best memories are of the times we'd stop and build a fire and cook some hotdogs on a stick and throw a can of beans on the fire for lunch. He always said " Tastes better than a ten dollar steak!" I also remember laying down in a sleeping bag on the floor of his deer blind (trying my hardest to be quiet). Now that I'm older with kids of my own.."I get it"!!! If it weren't for my Dad I'd have never developed the love for the outdoors that I have. So, as much as I ride his ass sometimes.....There's nobody that I'd rather be out there with. I have a few friends who have lost their fathers.......and I just can't imagine it! So, as long as he's able to get out there.......I'll be right there with him!

Thanks Dad.........Great Shot !!!!

·
Crazed Country Rebel
2,394 Posts
George - that's awesome! Congrats to your Dad!

I think all of us Dads that take our kids hunting and fishing hope to make memories like you describe :)

Were you able to get the bear chilled down quickly? One that size should be delicious!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts