Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fishing the Sturgeon for steelies? Im heading up next weekend and looking for a close by river to try for a couple of hours. Any ideas would be great! (also post this in the N.W. Rivers about the Jordan)

·
Registered
438 Posts
My uncle caught a small male last weekend and lost two females...one nice one. This cold weather for the week with the snow may slow 'em down some, but there are some to be had...

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I thought the rules were if the name of the river is listed in the forum title, we are allowed to talk about the river...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Didn't know there were any rules for posting...I am the type of sportsman that likes to spread good news about fishing so fun can be had by all, but if it is taboo in the river forums I will keep the info to myself. If anyone would like info on the river fell free to PM me, the Sturgeon is my favorite river for steel...challenging, but beautiful.

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
The Sturgeon gets planted every year. They put a bunch of them in Burt and they run up the Sturgeon. They catch nice sized Rainbows every summer out of Burt, Browns also. Browns are way under fished in November and December while they are spawning. :fish:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts