Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went out Sat and fishined Canadian Side, American side, and all the way down to Belle Isle Bridge, had about 4-5 hits, but to lite of a bite to hook up.. Went out of Alter Rd. that was a different experience:lol: !! The water needs to warm out alittle more, maybe a week, and it's on!! Good Luck!

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Big Daddy Benelli said:
Went out of Alter Rd. that was a different experience:lol: !!

What do you mean?? Don't like going out that small canal looking like a sitting duck!! Never a problem so far!! I have a boat off one of the canals!!;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
As soon as you make the turn, you have to metal down,

FULL PLANE ALL THE WAY TO THE RIVER :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or maybe one of those everglade boats with the big propeller :lol:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Sounds like a nice place. :lol:

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
I have an idea what you mean by "different experience" but it is the wrong way to look at things. Everything is a whole lot brighter than most people make it out to be. Be positive about the experience.

Yep, the old-timers sitting and watching are all saying it is a bit early. Wait till the water warms up they are saying. There was a bit of action but not heavy. Wait a week or two and it will be a whole new experience.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Quadd4 said:
As soon as you make the turn, you have to metal down,
FULL PLANE ALL THE WAY TO THE RIVER
Ya, in the younger days we would pull away from the dock up above Korte and slowly work our way down to the last bridge. Then, it was full throttle, up on plane, flying out towards the river. The water then was about 2-3 feet deeper than it is now.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
huntingmaniac45 said:
Hey Alex............what do you mean in the younger days, I still do it.:evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ..... You better believe there is a lot of knowledge sitting there watching all the early birds out there Alex.....they know when it's time to put the boat in!! The only early bird between them is Die hard Horsey George!! That mans my idle......80 some yrs. old and will fish every day!!

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
huntingmaniac45 said:
Hey Alex............what do you mean in the younger days, I still do it.:evil:
That's cause you're still young. It is a lot of fun at night, around 1 or 2 in the morning with no lights and a dark sky. Now we will have all kinds of people trying it and then they will bang their prop against one of the rocks or a waterlogged tree trunk and they will start to blame us.

The last leg of the sailboat canal is great for that sort of run, though. Still deep even though the water is down. Just have to watch out for the debris that floats down the river and gets caught up in the mouth of the canal.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
I love doing the James Bond down that Canel.....Freaking Rules.....Taken many a mans lines at the end though:rant:

Mushy

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
I would always back down before the end of the canal. Last thing I wanted would be to collide with someone who happened to take that moment in time to make the turn into the canal.

·
Registered
436 Posts
MUSHY1 said:
I love doing the James Bond down that Canel.....Freaking Rules.....Taken many a mans lines at the end though:rant:

Mushy
Mushy1,

Next time you do the James Bond thing down the Creek, I hope you bring the Bonds Babe with you. Then I'd really be impressed! :evil: I'd probably end up fishing next to you if you were catching or not. We'll be watching.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts