Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Registered
4,153 Posts
Just realized how old this thread is !...lol....we are going to start to target Sturgeon on the Detroit river this week and it's been @ 30 yrs since we have....was wondering about circle hooks, they would seem to be great to me....anyhow just wanted to say I appreciate posts like this.....wish us luck, gonna need it on the D....lol....

C & R only, even if it wasn't !.....enjoy the water all....

· Registered
2,319 Posts
Just realized how old this thread is !...lol....we are going to start to target Sturgeon on the Detroit river this week and it's been @ 30 yrs since we have....was wondering about circle hooks, they would seem to be great to me....anyhow just wanted to say I appreciate posts like this.....wish us luck, gonna need it on the D....lol....

Good luck! Post how you did!

· Registered
85 Posts

Sheryl and I were planning on doing just that this year but as luck would have it we never were able to get around to it. We really wanted to generate some interest from the downriver fishing community in this great fish. We only use circle hooks and inline sliders for the weights. Let us know how you do on the D.

· Registered
4,417 Posts

Circle hooks work great! We used them years ago on rainy river and we landed all of our hookups.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.