Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The scopes that come on the styker 350 and 380 have a single crosshair and then 3 small circles below the cross hair on the vertical line. On the 350, with the crosshairs zeroed in at 20, the circles would be at 40,50 and 60 yards. On the 380, again with the crosshairs at 20, the circles are at 46, 57, and 67.

What is BowTech thinking? Obviously not about hunting. They need to put out a scope better than this that works for hunting with the products they're selling.

Anyway, I like the bows and may buy one just can't get past wanting to replace the scope day one.

I'm thinking of just putting on a single lit dot scope. I would think a 380 would shoot pretty flat to 40 yards and I don't expect to shoot any futher than that. Would prefer 20 actually.

If you have any information on how much these bows drop at various distances or what scopes you found that work well with these bows, pass it on.

Real nice bows....scopes might be good with a muzzle loader or shotgun.

Any info on these bows would be

·
Registered
14,720 Posts
Welcome to the site MCorbett.

Keep in mind that nothing shoots truly "flat.":)

However, I think you might find that a single reticle or single red dot scope could be quite workable for you, as there are plenty of vertical bow hunters who use a single pin effectively - no reason you couldn't go that same route with a crossbow.

On our old Horton crossbow we use a single red dot scope. On our Parker crossbow which is rated at 330 fps we use TenPoint 3x Pro View scope.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy a Hawke scope. They are second to none, and they work dynamite on my SZ350. BTW, I have 2 little girls ages 6 and 9 that are stone cold killers with the SZ350. Out to 50yds they shoot 2-3" groups all day long. LOVE THE CROSSBOW. It's amazing!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts