Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for you guys with a striker Climate suit. How are they physically weight wise? I currently wear an older Gore Tex hunting suit. It is very warm and completely windproof but man that thing seems like it weighs 15+ pounds “before” getting any kind of wet. I like the idea of the climate suit as it has the removeable insulation but I really don’t want to order a new suit that isn’t any lighter than my current suit.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love it. You can get the predator if your worried about weight.
I may have to consider the predator regardless. I see the climate jacket doesn’t come in tall sizes. Sleeve length is a major issue for me. 6’-6” tall. It looks like the bib lengths are adjustable but doesn’t appear jacket sleeves are.

· Registered
361 Posts
I may have to consider the predator regardless. I see the climate jacket doesn’t come in tall sizes. Sleeve length is a major issue for me. 6’-6” tall. It looks like the bib lengths are adjustable but doesn’t appear jacket sleeves are.
I'm 6'4 and had to get the 3X for the sleeves to fit. So you may be right. Make sure you try on all suits before you buy to make sure they fit comfortably.

· Registered
1,458 Posts
I agree, definitely try on all the suits to see how you like them. I wanted to purchase the Climate but after trying it on it was just too stiff and bulky for me. I just couldn't find a size that felt comfortable on me in the Climate. I tried on the Predator and it felt very comfortable and warm. I ended up buying the predator and I could not be happier. The suit is very very warm. I have had it out in some of the very cold and windy days we've had this year (single digits) and I have not used a Shanty and have been very warm. I just adjust my layering underneath depending on the temperatures. You won't be disappointed with any of the striker suits though.

· Registered
2,283 Posts
Contact this place, give them a call and they'll hook you up with the correct size.

http://www.profishingsupply.com/apparel/striker_ice_suits.htm
I just bought a full Predator suit from them. I couldn't find bibs in a Large size ANYWHERE on the internet for less than the standard $209. This place sold full suits AND the jackets and bibs separately, but............you could only get a Large size bib if you bought the suit - you couldn't buy it separately. I scored a blue/gray suit for $339, which is a bit more over the current $149.99 clearance (per piece) many places have them for, but at this time of the year, sizes are mostly on the small or way too big side, and you get red/gray. That's what we found at Frank's and Northwoods last Sunday. I happen to like blue so was willing to pay a bit extra.
I ran into a friend on the lake here at home last weekend who had a new Hard Water suit he got at Franks, and he really liked it, but said the same thing alot of people say: it's a bit on the bulky side, and kind of "too warm". I do most of my fishing in a shanty, or if I'm bucket fishing, it's on a really nice day, so I didn't figure I needed the extra insulation.
This thing blows my Arctic Armor away as far as quality of materials and workmanship. Much, much better all the way around. The features, the honest fit to size (I have a M jacket and L bibs for the AA suit) just a really, really nice suit. To think I bought the AA suit several years ago for the same amount of money kind of sticks in my craw, but it was one of the few flotation suits available at the time, and that's what I was really looking for.
Can't wait to use it this weekend.

· Banned
17,502 Posts
I just bought a full Predator suit from them. I couldn't find bibs in a Large size ANYWHERE on the internet for less than the standard $209. This place sold full suits AND the jackets and bibs separately, but............you could only get a Large size bib if you bought the suit - you couldn't buy it separately. I scored a blue/gray suit for $339, which is a bit more over the current $149.99 clearance (per piece) many places have them for, but at this time of the year, sizes are mostly on the small or way too big side, and you get red/gray. That's what we found at Frank's and Northwoods last Sunday. I happen to like blue so was willing to pay a bit extra.
I ran into a friend on the lake here at home last weekend who had a new Hard Water suit he got at Franks, and he really liked it, but said the same thing alot of people say: it's a bit on the bulky side, and kind of "too warm". I do most of my fishing in a shanty, or if I'm bucket fishing, it's on a really nice day, so I didn't figure I needed the extra insulation.
This thing blows my Arctic Armor away as far as quality of materials and workmanship. Much, much better all the way around. The features, the honest fit to size (I have a M jacket and L bibs for the AA suit) just a really, really nice suit. To think I bought the AA suit several years ago for the same amount of money kind of sticks in my craw, but it was one of the few flotation suits available at the time, and that's what I was really looking for.
Can't wait to use it this weekend.

There's no denying that they are bulky and warm, the Hardwater I'm referring to but I also plan to plow snow on my ATV wearing my Striker which is why I bought that version of suit. I'm glad you found what you were looking for.:)

· Registered
2,283 Posts
There's no denying that they are bulky and warm, the Hardwater I'm referring to but I also plan to plow snow on my ATV wearing my Striker which is why I bought that version of suit. I'm glad you found what you were looking for.:)
I don't doubt that the Hard Water suit is a fine choice for many people and these suits certainly have more applications than just ice fishing, as you're wisely showing everyone.

· Registered
2,899 Posts
My Striker Hard Water suit was delivered today from Profishingsupply. I was more inclined to get the Predator suit as I don't easily get cold but liked the heavier 600D outer garment material of the Hard Water. It's a bit bulky but still lighter than my Carhart Arctic bibs and parka. This suit is going to be warm but I do frequently ride a bucket chasing perch. This suit will also get worn on the Detroit River this April. Seems like a very well made garment. To bad the weather is warming up.

· Registered
1,020 Posts
My Striker Hard Water suit was delivered today from Profishingsupply. I was more inclined to get the Predator suit as I don't easily get cold but liked the heavier 600D outer garment material of the Hard Water. It's a bit bulky but still lighter than my Carhart Arctic bibs and parka. This suit is going to be warm but I do frequently ride a bucket chasing perch. This suit will also get worn on the Detroit River this April. Seems like a very well made garment. To bad the weather is warming up.
I recently got the predator jacket. I didn't understood how people rode buckets on those sub 20/windy days. Now I get it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.