Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a week we have had in the central Upper Peninsula! We had back to back snowstorms that dumped a couple feet of snow and following that the lake run fish were pouring in. A variety of tactics have been working well, but the streamer bite has been incredible for me and I just can't stop fishing them. Bright patterns fished a few feet down are getting crushed by steel, coho and the occasional brown. I am really looking forward to getting out again during the warm up next week. The shop is stocked up for the rivers, harbor and ice fishing. Give us a call anytime for a report or to book a trip for some angry river fish.
IMG_0339.JPG
IMG_0315.JPG
IMG_0283.JPG
IMG_0297.JPG

·
Super Moderator
5,008 Posts
A variety of tactics have been working well, but the streamer bite has been incredible for me and I just can't stop fishing them. Bright patterns fished a few feet down are getting crushed by steel, coho and the occasional brown.
Good stuff!

I'm sure there are a few guys who are curious what equipment has been working for you as far as lines and flies etc. E.g. Full sinking lines or floating lines with lead or swinging flies versus stripping.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been using a 7wt switch with Rio Switch Chucker or a 8wt with a Rio single hand spey. Those are both floating lines. I put Rio versi leaders on the end of both lines with a short leader of 15-20 lb. Swinging is not a good idea on many of the rivers around me since they are so small. That and I like to catch fish occasionally so I usually strip instead of swinging.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts