Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to make the run south to try the dumping grounds today for the first time, and I am bringing my daughter and her alligator raft. I was wondering if there is anywhere nice to go for a swim in that part of the lake, where the weeds arent so bad and the bottom is nice and firm? Its kind of one of those "go for a fishing trip and keep my family happy at the same time" kind of trips, even though my girl loves to fish too!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
The weeds are not bad yet. Plenty of spots without any. But, no where out there will you be able to stand on the bottom. While the dumps has structure & some shallow spots it's not THAT shallow.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Depending upon how far your run south is, I'd just cruise the shoreline back up watching for the spots other boats are anchored and doing the family thing. Hope you have a nice daddy-daughter combo day!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Look between 9mile and the GPYC, Art Van mansion area .You'll see lots of boats anchored off.There is a nice sandy bottom area closer to the GPYC area to get out and into.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Art Vans is a good spot for swimming. Also further south by the GPYC. On the north side of the club. You will see the boats anchored and families swimming. Water is real nice along the shore. I had 65 out in the middle of the lake this morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts